sammymalta

Hiring Qualified Instructors

Good morning..

We are looking to hire instructors for tandem jumps next year..
Apart from the travelling costs which we will cover... Can you please guide me on what a decent rate is payable, and if its per jump or per hour.

Also, what the rate would be if the instructor has his own tandem gear.

thanks
Sam

it depends on where in the world you are.

Where I am, the pay is around 80USD per tandem, but the pilot needs to pack for himself.

Same amount for the gear (pilot+own gear = 160$)

Got room for one more??!?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Where in the world is this DZ going to be?. Is it already up and running, or is it a new set up?. How long is the season?. Weather condition?. Clientele?.

You need to give a bit more information. That may result in some useable advice.....
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Same amount for the gear (pilot+own gear = 160$)

WooHoo. The rate in Germany is usually around 75-80 EUR (own gear)

but then again it might not be easy to do 100 a year...

Not easy because there aren't many clients/students? Because even from April to October you should be able to do 200+ on weekends - if 'nuff paxes are provided ;)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

"Sammymalta" - maybe it's on Malta? Bloody hot in summer but a nice place after all Wink

Yeah, I saw that.

Wasn't sure if Malta would have the numbers to make a tandem operation viable. Especially starting from scratch, as this guy is maybe doing.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

Need help to pack an insider Wings :D

Do I get paid extra if it works and do I have to use MY seal and Cert #?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Where in the world is this DZ going to be?

"Sammymalta" - maybe it's on Malta? Bloody hot in summer but a nice place after all ;)

Sounds like it's located in nigeria;)

Might end up being a sex slave with something that your not really nterested inB|

I dont know where malta is but if you're paying for the trip and it's warm there and cold here when you're doing it, I'll do it for free. Just give me an extra couple days there and let me keep whatever handcam money I can make and I'll bring my rig and you won't even have to pay me for jumping.

try with DZ's who operate multiple planes (maybe they can continue with one less plane), of the DZ's I know of who do move "pretty often" the first ones that comes to mind would be Skydivecenter Spa in Belgium, Pinkskyvan http://www.pinkskyvan.com/, Jan's Beech 99 http://www.beech99.com/, MArco Carrara (in Bologna, Italy http://www.flygang.com/ENG/FGframeHOME.htm).

Maybe not all would have the staff for a tandem operation, but they would definitely have contacts to make it happen
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Was there in 1995, what a hot rock in August ;) Nice sights, we liked Valetta and the festivals in the villages that were held at that time.

As for your skydiving venture: Piifish's advice is really good - just check with the PINK folks who organised boogies in a lot of regions in Europe and also in Africa (including Gambia) - if anyone near you can do, they are the ones to ask and rely on.

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks