Para5-0

Pro Rating Course

I am curious to ask others about the pro rating. I am sure most of you probably do this out of the kindness of your hearts but do any of you charge for a pro rating?

I am getting more and more coming up to me for the ground school and to monitor them as they navigate the proficiency card. It is getting to be a bit much.

Does anyone out there charge to oversee a skydiver getting a pro rating? Just as a FYI I have never but I have definately pondered it.

Thanks,
Rich

I have a PowerPoint used for the Pro-Rating course, assembled from a couple courses I've taken, advice from Twardo, and my own experiences. I've paid for Pro Rating courses, and people like Bob Edmiston run flag/smoke courses where a lot can be learned. Jim Wallace also has such a paid-for course.

Jim Wallace (as noted earlier) does it as a 2 day course. He includes instruction on everything on the card and provides the smoke, flags, and banners. He also provides detailed instruction on filing the FAA paperwork and observes the jumps. He charges $300 for the whole course.

Thanks for input,

It seems the rating has become something that is expected of the S&TA or senior guys and it is getting to be burdensome.

I am not complaining dont get me wrong just trying to get an idea of what is happening elsewhere.

I think I like the two day structured course idea. This was Ican dedicate myself to it as opposed to fitting it in where I can.

I am curious to ask others about the pro rating. I am sure most of you probably do this out of the kindness of your hearts but do any of you charge for a pro rating?

I am getting more and more coming up to me for the ground school and to monitor them as they navigate the proficiency card. It is getting to be a bit much.

Does anyone out there charge to oversee a skydiver getting a pro rating? Just as a FYI I have never but I have definately pondered it.

Thanks,
Rich

Depends on what all you're talking about Rich.

I've often freely assisted interested candidates with flags, smoke, accuracy and the like when it's convenient and I have the necessary hardware with me...

I've also charged for dedicated instruction when a person or group wants to receive all the pertinent instruction over a given weekend with a more structured format. I supply all the 'props' and the number of actual jumps often varies with the persons performance level.

I tend to be rather critical when it comes to demo safety and set pretty high standards.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

They used to run one at least once a year up at CrossKeys. No idea about any other "formal" courses run by individuals, but there are three different parachute demonstration teams based out of Raeford/Fort Bragg and it would not be hard to get the training you need there. I'd contact Michael Elliot of the All Veterans Parachute Team based at Raeford.

Chuck

Deisel

*BUMP*
Does anyone know of any PRO rating courses now that Jim Wallace has closed up? Any on the east coast?

D

Why can't you get the needed instruction and requirements form your local S&TA?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Now that's some funny shit! My S&TA hasn't done anything but tandems for years now. Hell, he doesn't even own a sport rig anymore! Call me institutionalized from 20 plus years in the Marine Corps, but I just prefer standardized training. Something with a definitive start and end, clear objectives, and set standards to achieve by the end of the training. Professional instruction by people who actually know how to teach. I know it's crazy, but that's just me.
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

Chuck,
The AVPT is on the road more than the GKs at the moment. They're running split ops with two teams in different cities at the moment. But I am looking for someone willing to dedicate a couple of days for some training.

Deisel

Chuck,
The AVPT is on the road more than the GKs at the moment. They're running split ops with two teams in different cities at the moment. But I am looking for someone willing to dedicate a couple of days for some training.

Is this Louis Delair? If it is, then why the hell don't you just strap-hang with Windmiller and the boys at GK tryouts (which started today)? I'm sure they would accomodate an active duty USMC Major.

Azul sends.

DSE

I have a PowerPoint used for the Pro-Rating course, assembled from a couple courses I've taken, advice from Twardo, and my own experiences. I've paid for Pro Rating courses, and people like Bob Edmiston run flag/smoke courses where a lot can be learned. Jim Wallace also has such a paid-for course.

Can you post the Power Point? Or make it available somehow?

C

Thanks

And if you ever want to halv your processing / rendering time give me a buzz???;)
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Yeah Chuck,
This is Louis. I'm no longer in NC these days. The powers that be have decided that DC is my new hang out. But of course, Raeford will always be home no matter how far I may roam.