matt3sa

"Partially" Ruptured Disc?

I would advise...

Based on what? Anecdotal experience? Professional medical training and/or experience? Neither your post nor your profile reveal this. Please specify.

Based on treating 100s of patients and running a Physical Therapy department for the last 7 years. :)

I sympathize with your plight. It is very difficult to just go out and find "a good neuro," type guy/girl. I have walked away from more than a few...One place recommended to me, by well meaning but total buffoon’s, didn't have a ramp...ALLTHOUGH their major percentage of patients all were neuo types...this is the kind of stuff you notice after you have been thru the mill so to speak. Other "signs" are not so easy to spot. I can tell you right now TO DITCH THE BONE BENDER! Yes I agree that many have benefited from the manipulations but if you have something on an x-ray...chiropractors generally can't do shit for you and IT'S generally at the expense of: time, money, and pain. YOUR: TIME, MONEY, AND PAIN. Spaulding Rehab has a back care center as well as New England Deaconess as well as the Baptist Hospital. If you want to get better allow the possibility of traveling!!!!! I can't stress this enough!!! Local neuro guys are good, but they don't specialize, local guys are the jack of all trades and they also don't like to have their pt's walk out on them!!! I really didn't start to get better, and I never will fully recover, but getting better took walking away from some...shit it took walking away from a lot of asshole doctors to find the ones that really had their act together. Good luck PM me if you want.
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

There have been many cases of ruptured vertebral arteries when chiropractors get near people's necks. These arteries are one of the main sets of arteries running through your spine to your brain. Chiropractors unfortunately do not practice evidence based medicine. There has been a lot of debate whether chiropractors manipulations do anything other than work via mechanisms similar to placebo. I personally say if it works for you fine, I'm not going to tell you it doesn't, but please do not let chiropractors adjust anything related to your neck. It's just asking for vertebral artery rupture. See someone with an MD or DO, preferably an orthopedist or neurosurgeon, as has been suggested above.

Your chiropractor must suck!!

I used to screw my back and neck up all the time laying carpet. My chiro kept me alive for that year.

After he educated me that eating so shitty and doing no stretching or yoga was allowing my weak back to be easily pulled out of alignment I got stronger and do yoga.

Now I have none of the recurring issues he helped correct over and over. He makes way less money since I hurt myself way less, yet somehow his business is BOOMING and his waiting room has binders of handwritten testimonials of other people he has saved.

I see him about every 6-12 months now, I still manage to hurt my neck on occasion.

If its all placebo I will take it. Best $40 I can spend.