Abedy

Just asking for opinions

...but if that guy swooped me like he did the jumper under the blue canopy, the real show would have been in the middle of the landing area.

You mean the guy with the red-and-white canopy? (BTW: Must have been another videot from a tandem that exited later, so he must have overtaken the first videot and the solo jumper who exited first...)

Yes. That was a really stupid move. Accident waiting for a report.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

As I wrote, a newly minted TI. So "look into the sun" is nice, but...

OTOH, videots usually notice this and automatically move into the "right" position (hoping the TI will realise and follow suit :)

It can help new TI's if a few hand signals are communicated to them. I used to turn the TI to the correct angle to the sun by pointing in the direction I wanted him to go while sliding that way until I was happy with the shot.

The same thing can be done to tell the TI that the spot is long (as in "don't suck me down or I'll miss the landing shot"). I nice letter "L" with a hand works nicely for that. A thumbs up by the TI says he understood and the whuffos back home just think it's a thumbs up for the sake of a thumbs up.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Yes. That was a really stupid move. Accident waiting for a report.

IIRC that guy must have been someone who should know (and perform) better, 1000+ jumps. Will tell him.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks