stuw

AFF Training Table

G'day all,

Is anyone able to post a photo of a rotatable AFF Training Table that you use at your DZ? I am thinking of the table that students practice their dive sequence on at approx four foot above the ground. My DZ is in need of one and I am looking at getting one fabricated by a local metal worker.

Any photo posts would be greatly appreciated.

My idea: I made one of these a long time ago, after seeing one used by another instructor. It has gotten a lot of use.

See the attached picture of the plastic bin. Add wheels and it becomes an "elevated creeper". (Not 4 feet high, but high enough for the instructor to not need to bend their back much to operate.)

It doesn't rotate as well as something with a ball-bearing swivel, but if you get big enough wheels it is pretty good.

Get one of the larger ones, like 3 feet long. Some of these already have a place to put the wheels because they assume people will want to do that.

A padded thing on top would be nice for your student.

Plus, it doubles as storage for your other training gear.

See the attached picture of the plastic bin. Add wheels and it becomes an "elevated creeper".

FWIW, if you're trying to find these, search for "Tuff Box"
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That reminds me of one that I saw in East Troy, Wisconsin - about twenty years ago.
It was a free-standing hammock with casters. The fabric was cut out in front of the face.
A dummy harness was sewn on the front (bottom side) with fake cutaway and reserve ripcord handles. There was also a "clock" altimeter mounted on the fake chest strap.

I've seen that type too, Rob. It was pretty sweet.

For wingsuit training, I needed something to support the chest but that would allow the legs to drop below the edge, so I've got a "backwards" creeper with the normal chest area cut a bit more slim.
The funny part is that I built this exclusively for the WS school, but it gets more use from AFF than anything.

The one I've built was cheap, easy to pack away, and lets the arms and legs drop below the deck with a fair degree of comfort.
Were I to build another, I'd make the deck more slender, and the chest a bit more wide/padded. Then again, that probably wouldn't suffice for AFF.