rickbray

Southeastern INSTRUCTOR PAY

Hey, guys. I'm trying to put together a comparison of pay for Instructors throughout the Southeast.

I'm curious what the different pay levels are at various dropzones for TI, AFF, and Video and the average number of weekly jumps.

Your help is appreciated, and I'd be happy to post a summarized table based on the information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Rick, personally, I don't think it's kosher to be asking how much money anyone makes. IMO, it's my business...not for anyone else.

Maybe that's why you've been getting no responses.

YMMV
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

there was a bible story.. about how one, "worker " was upset because another "worker " was paid more......

The lesson(s)??

Life is NOT always equitable..... get over it...:|
AND, Each person may negotiate for ThemSELVES... within the context of the system in which they work... one on one, with the Person who "writes the check".

Deliver what's expected and maybe a little bit MORE.... and Hope that your efforts are noticed... When that happens, and appreciation is verbalized,,, that creates job satisfaction for the worker...:)However,,, since we all must live in a financially driven society,,,, the monetary factor is ALWAYS present...
Work hard, speak up for yourself in a GOOD way.. and hopefully things work out...

NOT an instructor. but i'd guess that the answer to the question posed by the O P would be......

" as low as the DZO can get away with"B|

in this day and age, with new instructors coming down the pipeline on a regular basis,,,,, seems there is no such thing as "job security".. Unless an instructor knows a thing or two about the "skeletons in a DZOs' closet " ,,, is multi rated, and knows how to keep his/her mouth SHUT!!!!!;)

just sayin':)

jmy

instead of trying to get on a internet forum and get unreliable info from forum egos and nerds, maybe you should just use your brain and call the DZ's, talk to the managers/ Owners and find out yourself.
DUH!

There is nothing wrong with asking the question in an attempt to find out how much people make in a geographic area in a specific occupation.

The "DUH!" "use your brain" are the answers of an idiot!
You live more in the few minutes of skydiving than many people live in their lifetime

I wasn't trying to start a huge upset. I am a DZ Manager. Due to no responses. I have been calling all the DZs in the SE and compiling data. I'm simply trying to get numbers calculated in order to offer a "more than fair" wage based on pay, typical weekly jumps, and type of aircraft. Thanks for all the concern about ethics and morality, though. Blue skies!

Kinda like yours is the answer from an arrogant sucker, eh?

I see nothing wrong with a guy asking a question about pay.

I don't personally think it is worth attacking a guy over...
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

People seem to get real sensitive about money.

Seems to work in a lot of fields like the military and the government. Most of what the people make is public. Not a big secret.... I worked for a fortune 500, actually Fortune 100 corporation for 20+ years and salaries and bonuses were not a secrete there either.
Dano

People seem to get real sensitive about money.

True, and it is not like I would ask you what you made last year..... But a guy asking what a DZ pays for "X" is a bit different IMO.

And as always, you have the ability yo just not answer. I just felt bashing a guy over asking the question was a bit much.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I have been calling all the DZs in the SE and compiling data.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

This being said, careful with doing this, and then publicizing it. This is commercial information shared by competing businesses in private conversations. If someone wanted to be an asshole and file a lawsuit/complain for collusion and anti-competitive behavior, you would have just given them a huge bone.

Considering some of the litigious sentiment running in the SE, I'd be careful if I were you.

Signed: just a guy who worked in an industry that had the DOJ spend millions on anti trust and collusion investigation (and sent people to jail doing so).
Remster