matt3sa

People that use GoPro for handcams...

I use Realxstream for 80% of our videos.

It takes 15 minutes from when we insert the footage until the burned disk pops out.

That program is 90% automatic and requires no input for 13 of the 15 minutes, it also uploads the video to the interent and sends an email to the customer with a link to the video that is hosted on the realxstream server but through/on a page of your own website.

RXT also contains royalty free music.

The other 20% we use power director 8.0 that is because they are combintions of handicam and outside video and RXT does not quite do that, yet.

It takes about the same time to produce one in fact it is a bit faster on power director at around 10 minutes but there is a need to be present the whole time, much more input required and you can only do one project at a time.

On RXT you can queue up multipule projects at the same time, it will not process them all at the same time but once the burning process start on the first project the editing process begins on the second...

Power director produces a .mpg of the edited video which we then upload on RXT so they get their link too.

We purchased power director 9 when we got our new computer but it has more features that you do not use and creates more processes to do in order to make the same product as we do on version 8.0, you can also make mistakes with the fades more easily on version 9.0.

Our machine has an i5 quad core processor, 8g ram, a gigabyte p55-usb3 motherboard and windows 7.

Not the most grunty machine but quick enough.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Our machine has an i5 quad core processor, 8g ram, a gigabyte p55-usb3 motherboard and windows 7.

Not the most grunty machine but quick enough.

For you guys down under, does the hard drive spin the opposite way?B|
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

I checked out their website. I've heard of realxstream before. I heard that there's a thousand dollar setup fee and then a cost per video. I scavenged their website and it's just your typical bullshit sales pitch with no specific information. Either way, we push out 350 tandems a year here. It's a low key/slow pace operation, and a setup fee and cost per video isn't going to cut it for sure. It appears as if they have just a software program, but again no cost information. I haven't even purchased the cameras yet. I'm using this information to make an educated decision on what we're going to go with for cameras. Appreciate the information though.

I am not sure of the fee these days, thet fee was from before the you tube days when real xtream was not an editing program but an uploading tool. now it is both.

contact [email protected] for more current information.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

What do you use for video editing software? How long from the time you insert the card to the time you pop out the cd? Any recommended pre requisites for cpu specs?

Hit up Parachutist (Chris Warnock) for the latest/greatest specs, but a quad core with an AVC decoder on the CPU is by far the best option.

Adobe Premiere CS5, Canopus Edius, Sony Vegas, and SpeedEdit all have native AVC decoding. Sony Vegas is the only one that can be automated of all of those. The automated workflow is very popular, and at least 40 DZ's around the world are using the automated workflow.

by automated workflow do you mean that you can set up templates in it? i'm learning premier cs5 and i wish i could set up a template for faster editing.

any ideas on how i could maybe speed up the process to edit a tandem video with premier cs5?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!