alabamaskydiver

Is the USPA I/E Program a sham?

But maybe, as those are in the PAST he has learned a bit and is a better "Professional Skydiving Instructor" for it?

I dunno, Matt. His displayed attitude and different vision of things that happened "in the past" doesn't support that thought.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Sure 'skydiver in question' may not have been the best Candidate for an I/E rating in the PAST. Sure he was "Disciplined" (playing a semantics game here aren't you?) in the PAST.

But maybe, as those are in the PAST he has learned a bit and is a better "Professional Skydiving Instructor" for it?

I don't know the guy, or one thing about him factually, so I took his name out of the above quote. However, have a look at this document, which is in reference the appointing of a DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner), which is GAs version of an I/E, being that the DPE is the one who hands out ratings.

Take note of items #2, 3, and 4 under 'General Characteristics', and see if skydiving should expect the same.
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgOrders.nsf/0/7f85cd99697aa59d86256f700076ed32/$FILE/87103D-C02.pdf

Let's face it, we made it for years with a very small number of I/Es without a problem. The more I/Es you have, the more chances you have for standards to be 'altered', and for ratings to be granted to people who maybe shouldn't have them. We all know how tough it is to get the USPA to pull a rating, so maybe we should make it tougher to get a rating.

You can't just hand out something you can't easily get back, which is where we're headed. It used to be the opposite, where it was more work to get the rating, but you knew you wouldn't lose it unless you blew it big time.

Besides as an I/E he knows he is held to a higher standard and has three "Governing Bodies" watching him like all the rest of us. They are, for those who may be asking, the FAA, USPA and the Rig Manufacturer. They all have rules and standards, he met them and past the course, end of story. if any one of us I/E's makes a mistake any one of those three "Governing Bodies" can take action.

Matt

Matt, I'd like to point out that you missed another Government agency that is most closely watching him. That being the City of Waverly. I would like to know who the IDIOT is who caved in under the pressure by the DZ staff and gave him the job as FBO of the Waverly/Humphreys County Airport, and what are his qualifications to hold such a position??
One of my friends told me that the city authorities are well informed about Fincher and his past shenanigans that contributed to the factors that lead to the Skyride dz's getting booted out of Prattville, Pell City and most recently, Clarksville.
If memory serves me correctly, Jeff Fincher was involved with all four locations that the Skyride group has been, so statistically, he is the reason why they keep getting booted.
I also recently learned that the story that the AST staff was claiming was that they didn't have an aircraft, weather, or any other excuse that they could come up to not open for jumping in recent months, but the truth was that they were under a cease and desist order by the city in an effort to stop the AST people from causing their normal havoc at the airport and for the locals. They recently used the FAA airport access card to push their way back in to the airport. How can he explain that away?
There will be no addressing the customers as "Bitches", "Morons" or "Retards"!

thank you Mr. Cline. I appreciate your realisitic assessment. You are exactly correct. And just so everybody knows I went to the IE course as part of a vacation. At this time I just wish to further my education and learn from a different perspective. Of course I dont expect any the jeff fincher fan club to understand or accept an idea such as continuing education.
Not sure why the moderators allow you guys to post about my career, especially outside of skydiving, but apparently they do not care about the rules of the forum when it comes to this. You guys should have been banned already.
I will not even waste my time responding to the rest of the infant jibberish that followed matts post. It will not matter what I say. As I already stated, the childishness of your efforts and thoughts are uncomparable to the actions of properly functioning adults. Your obsession with me is quite frankly SCARY and is a wierd way to spend your free time. It baffles me to think about how I became the target of your crazy? You guys have really made some wild assumptions about me to get to this point.

Also I will take it as a compliment that the only thing you could find in the last few years is a picture of a slighty scraped smiling student and instructor from an unfortunate landing situation. Hardly considered a noteable accident. I remember that day well...she was such a good sport and had so much fun that I took her on another tandem that same day at my own cost to give her a "good" landing.
i'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your packing tent down

Not sure why the moderators allow you guys to post about my career, especially outside of skydiving, but apparently they do not care about the rules of the forum when it comes to this. You guys should have been banned already.

There's not been any personal attacks, so there's no reason to ban anyone. Unlike a couple of other users here who aren't afraid to piss you off and accept (or don't care about) the repercussions of such actions, I exercise a bit more restraint and consider the reasons for banning and threads getting locked and (try to) stay within the limits set forth by DZ.com powers to be.

I will not even waste my time responding to the rest of the infant jibberish that followed matts post. It will not matter what I say. As I already stated, the childishness of your efforts and thoughts are uncomparable to the actions of properly functioning adults. Your obsession with me is quite frankly SCARY and is a wierd way to spend your free time. It baffles me to think about how I became the target of your crazy? You guys have really made some wild assumptions about me to get to this point.

Why not? Why can't you answer as to why you have to repetitively behave in disrespectful and/or wreckless ways?

Also I will take it as a compliment that the only thing you could find in the last few years is a picture of a slighty scraped smiling student and instructor from an unfortunate landing situation. Hardly considered a noteable accident. I remember that day well...she was such a good sport and had so much fun that I took her on another tandem that same day at my own cost to give her a "good" landing.

Is down playing the facts part of what your Skyride mentors and predecessors taught you?

As for what Driver1 said about the position you hold as FBO, I would like to know as well, what qualifications do you have that entitles you to hold such a position?

Sure 'skydiver in question' may not have been the best Candidate for an I/E rating in the PAST. Sure he was "Disciplined" (playing a semantics game here aren't you?) in the PAST.

I don't know the guy, or one thing about him factually, so I took his name out of the above quote. However, have a look at this document, which is in reference the appointing of a DPE (Designated Pilot Examiner), which is GAs version of an I/E, being that the DPE is the one who hands out ratings.

Take note of items #2, 3, and 4 under 'General Characteristics', and see if skydiving should expect the same.
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgOrders.nsf/0/7f85cd99697aa59d86256f700076ed32/$FILE/87103D-C02.pdf
If USPA had this type of a Pre-Req we would have fewer I/E's and I's. Maybe not a bad thing over all.
Let's face it, we made it for years with a very small number of I/Es without a problem. The more I/Es you have, the more chances you have for standards to be 'altered', and for ratings to be granted to people who maybe shouldn't have them. We all know how tough it is to get the USPA to pull a rating, so maybe we should make it tougher to get a rating.
With less I/E's and closer attention this may be changing. Remember we (I/E's) all have to attend the CURRENT I/E Course and PASS, by October of this year.
You can't just hand out something you can't easily get back, which is where we're headed. It used to be the opposite, where it was more work to get the rating, but you knew you wouldn't lose it unless you blew it big time.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!