normiss

Anybody renewing ratings?

Mind filling the rest of us in on what yall are talking about? I don't recall seeing anything about a change in renewals for TIs
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Several Years ago USPA had no T-I rating, now they do.
Recently they required ALL USPA Members to have a T-I rating to do Tandem Jumps, just like they required all GM DZ's to have USPA Rated Instructors and all Members to be rated to Instruct.

So now that USPA is handling Tandem Instructor Ratings a T-I need only renew with USPA (you will send off and get an initial rating from the Manufacturer and USPA).

Eventually I/E's will only need to renew with USPA, but only when the Manufacturer's are convinced USPA will ENFORCE the BSR's.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Eventually I/E's will only need to renew with USPA, but only when the Manufacturer's are convinced USPA will ENFORCE the BSR's.

What about violations of each manufacturers policies that are not in the BSR's? Head down tandems, camera flyers at 100 jumps, etc? The BSR's and the USPA program only covers the instructional side and not the operational side of the tandem jumps. Further different manufacturers have different requirements, which ones are to be enforced? The most or lest strict?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

There in lies the problem. It still needs to be worked out.

I don't have the answers, but do know UPT says their rules for their Gear are the ones to follow, and they have pulled ratings.

The Deal between all parties IS USPA and the Manufacturers can pull ratings and one will tell the other when they do.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

does anyone know if UPT will still give a renewal? as opposed to USPA?
I am thinking of jumping up in canada, and they asked for proof of SIGMA rating.
USPA does not say what rating I have, and I haven't renewed with UPT since the changes. I still have all the old yearly renewals with UPT
ignorance is not bliss

psf

does anyone know if UPT will still give a renewal?

My DZO in Canada is a by the book kind of guy, and takes photocopies of our UPT tandem rating cards when we do our yearly instructor review.

So you can still send UPT your $25 along with the form signed by a tandem system owner, your FAA medical info, etc. and they'll give you a card.

(I'm not sure what we do here in Canada for the medical: I personally have a Canadian Class III medical for flying, but I think some people just put down "N/A" since the form specifically asks about an FAA medical.)