loumelton1

What's happening at Elsinore?

Oh good lord.

Elsinore is neither an orgasmic oasis of skydiving bliss nor a isotopic wasteland where students go to die. It's just another dz on the map.

I dunno about that.

I've jumped all over the world, and Elsinore always has & will hold a very special place in my heart.

There is beauty & allure in the people, the place and the history!

It's just another DZ in the same way Fenway is just another ball park.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Lisa has named some good Instructor's (Tom and Matt) but I do not think that she has received any instruction from them. As for DSE, hanging out at the end of the day does not qualify as Skydive instruction. Elsinore does have some really good Instructors, Tandem and AFF, but those that were lost had great qualities and will not be easy to replace. Elsinore seems to now be more interested in numbers and not quality. People come and go from DZ's, that's a fact of life, but when 5 full time instructor's leave in a short amount of time something is wrong.

C'mon P...do you really want people to know why you "left" Elsinore? You did some good there, why be hatin' and in public too?
BTW, the new system is rockin' and rollin. Thx for the room.

>>As for DSE, hanging out at the end of the day does not qualify as Skydive instruction.
That's B.S.! Good instructors are always teaching. I did some of my best stuff after sunset . . .

Glad to hear Yong is doing well as I was her AFF instructor.

NickD :)

Oh good lord.

Elsinore is neither an orgasmic oasis of skydiving bliss nor a isotopic wasteland where students go to die. It's just another dz on the map.

I dunno about that.

I've jumped all over the world, and Elsinore always has & will hold a very special place in my heart.

There is beauty & allure in the people, the place and the history!

It's just another DZ in the same way Fenway is just another ball park.

I just meant that it's not so horrible or so awesome to justify the extreme love/hate posts.

Edit: Did you change my quote from "dystopic" to "isotopic"? Haha. :ph34r:

>>As for DSE, hanging out at the end of the day does not qualify as Skydive instruction.
That's B.S.! Good instructors are always teaching. I did some of my best stuff after sunset . . .

Glad to hear Yong is doing well as I was her AFF instructor.

Yong is kikkin' ass and takin' names. She was one of the instructors in my Coach Examiner program, and I've spent many days shadowing her AFF and Coach courses.
The OP in this case is a disgruntled former employee of the DZ. Sad to see it being attacked this way. Life on the east coast vs the best coast must be boring.:D

Nick, wish you'd hang out at S'nore more. Then again, I'm back in Utah as of a few weeks ago.
Twardo is right; there is a special "magic" at Elsinore that few DZ's can match. Looking forward to being back there soon.

Oh good lord.

Elsinore is neither an orgasmic oasis of skydiving bliss nor a dystopic wasteland where students go to die. It's just another dz on the map.

Dont know you from Adam dude, But i have travelled all around this Map called Earth and been to quite a few DZs
Elsinore is NOT just another DZ.
and by not I mean Nothing like just another DZ.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

In my entire life I've had exactly one argument with Jim Wallace. It was when he was running Elsinore and he changed the name of the DZ to "Jim Wallace Skydiving."

To me it was like renaming the Vatican and calling it Benny's Prayer Parlor!

I reminded him that DZOs come and go but it was up to him as the current steward of a great DZ to keep it as is, not only to honor the past, but also to ensure its future.

Hell, I don't even like you newbies calling it 'Snore. LOL!

In my entire life I've had exactly one argument with Jim Wallace. It was when he was running Elsinore and he changed the name of the DZ to "Jim Wallace Skydiving."

To me it was like renaming the Vatican and calling it Benny's Prayer Parlor!

I reminded him that DZOs come and go but it was up to him as the current steward of a great DZ to keep it as is, not only to honor the past, but also to ensure its future.

Hell, I don't even like you newbies calling it 'Snore. LOL!

Yeah, who ever heard of Cy Perkins Parachute Center? ;)

I still have one of those t-shirts. I'm afraid to wear it any more because I don't want it to fall apart.

Bob
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Oh good lord.

Elsinore is neither an orgasmic oasis of skydiving bliss nor a dystopic wasteland where students go to die. It's just another dz on the map.

Dont know you from Adam dude, But i have travelled all around this Map called Earth and been to quite a few DZs
Elsinore is NOT just another DZ.
and by not I mean Nothing like just another DZ.

Guess your feelings about the place are a bit stronger than mine. :P

I still have one of those t-shirts. I'm afraid to wear it any more because I don't want it to fall apart.

Bob

Hi Bob, Jim and all,
It's not "Cy Perkins Parachute Center," it's "Cy Perkins Parachute Club!" Been there, done that and I have the "T-Shirt" in front of me!! Still in good shape 'sept the neck is a bit worn!! My how time flyz when yer havin' too much fun!!

"AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Not to fuck with ya too much, but you do realize you end EVERY sentence with an exclamation point, right?:ph34r::P

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

Bob

Hi Bob, Jim and all,
It's not "Cy Perkins Parachute Center," it's "Cy Perkins Parachute Club!" Been there, done that and I have the "T-Shirt" in front of me!! Still in good shape 'sept the neck is a bit worn!! My how time flyz when yer havin' too much fun!!

"AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT"

Wasn't the reasoning for the 'club' something about not being able to bring a law suit against an organization you were a 'part owner' of...?

I remember being taped, having to read a disclaimer...while holding a beer. :D:D:D

Not only did I forget to single out the most awesome female instructor ever; the one and only Yong!!

Well now you're just being silly.

You guys need to get her name right. It is "Tequila Girl"!! she can pound some Soju as well. Never seen a chick drink that much.
Dom

Not to fuck with ya too much, but you do realize you end EVERY sentence with an exclamation point, right?:ph34r::P

Hi H-t,
Anything to fuck with my old Sophmore year high school English Teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

As a new skydiver, I'd like to say this: On May 22 I did my first tandem, at Elsinore, with an instructor named Matt who told me he's been in the sport for 31 years. The personal attention and the fantastic energy he put into our jump made me feel like I was his favorite tandem passenger in the world. He gave me an incredibly great experience and then I got to know Purple Patty in the gear shop and hear her life story! I was immediately so inspired that as soon as I got back from my trip to CA, I searched for the closest dropzone to where I live, signed up for AFF, and started the course a few days later. Six weeks later I got my A license and I have 35 jumps now, starting to fly formations too. I'm buying my own rig this week. I probably would have been hooked no matter where I did that tandem, but Matt and Elsinore really gave me a perfect jumping-off moment for the new love/addiction of my life. I'll always be grateful.