loumelton1

What's happening at Elsinore?

What is happening at Skydive Elsinore in regards to losing quality Instructors? I understand that this year alone they have lost Luke, Pat, Misha and now Cesar, only to be replaced by newly minted rating holders. Rumor has it that they actually hired a Videographer who needed a long retrain plus 2 coach jumps then he was added to the video rotation. Is Management crazy or do they not care?

I answered an ad on DZ.COM earlier this year and am now grateful that I passed on working there, something told me that there were problems. It used to be a quality place to learn with very experienced Staff.

Does anyone have anymore info as to what is happening and why?

What is happening at Skydive Elsinore in regards to losing quality Instructors? I understand that this year alone they have lost Luke, Pat, Misha and now Cesar, only to be replaced by newly minted rating holders. Rumor has it that they actually hired a Videographer who needed a long retrain plus 2 coach jumps then he was added to the video rotation. Is Management crazy or do they not care?

I answered an ad on DZ.COM earlier this year and am now grateful that I passed on working there, something told me that there were problems. It used to be a quality place to learn with very experienced Staff.

I was offended when Jim Wallace was pushed out many years ago. It may have been a business decision that seemed sound to the owner but it tainted the dropzone for me ever since.

I haven't been back to jump there since then, but I am sure they don't even know who I am and are doing just fine without me.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Not for me to comment on what changes there may be, but you aren't presenting anywhere near the accurate nor complete picture.
Elsinore is still a very high quality dropzone with a lot of very experienced people in their tandem, AFFI, and coaching staff.

I smell an agenda, particularly with a first post.

Dear Mr. Troll,
Funny that you mention Luke in that impressive list of instructors. I am not debating the fact regarding his skill, he is a great skydiver, a true natural from what I saw. But Luke had to learn to become a good instructor, and he showed up at Elsinore with 187 jumps and a funky camera helmet. My point is he learned what he knows at Elsinore.

Cesar is not gone, he is working for the military full time and part time at Elsinore.

There are still some other impressive instructors at Elsinore. Lelo, Lob, Chad, Mike, Scott, CJ, Sean, Mel, Brianne, Niklas, the new (to Elsinore) Scott plus a few newer AFF Instructors, like Damien and Jose. Both very good jumpers. Yong taught them both and did one hell of a job, she is especially pleased with Damien from what she has told me personally. Oh and the other day I said hello to another one of Elsinore's part-time instructors....some guy named Jay Stokes...

Are you upset with the instructors or videographers? Exactly what do you mean by used to be? 6 months ago, a year ago,....??? Please clarify that statment.

Also as someone who consistently jumps with the new A licensed jumpers, I have seen nothing different regarding the quality of the instruction that the students at Elsinore receive. I spend alot of time down there and I would be one of the first to make a fuss if something changed for the worst.

Again, you mentioning Luke is just a testament to what a great DZ Skydive Elsinore is. No doubt I am biased, both my daughter and myself learned to jump there. I do not work there, (well sometimes I train tandems or gear 'em up for jumps), so I will say there are things I would change if I could, but nothing is perfect, not even you.

Do you even know how long Pat did anything besides video? After I had been jumping a bit he got his Tandem rating then his AFF, but he made his name as a videographer which he did at Elsinore for 10+ years. He was a good instructor but an AWESOME videographer. As far as I know Pat left for a dz back east to make more money. I was disappointed to see Pat leave for my own selfish reasons, he was my videographer-mentor; losing him was not a good thing, but the beat goes on! Ironically his old room became the new NLE video editing room (courtesy of DSE)

Regarding Misha, (an awesome, world-class skydiver), he only worked there a year. As good as he is, Elsinore was a great DZ before he worked there, and still is. I have no idea why Misha left

Luke relocated to Florida to be near his family; though he did complain to me more than once that Elsinore was boring...nothing going on besides skydiving. Luke was only at Elsinore for a year and a half himself.

Cesar got a full time job teaching the miltary to skydive. A great, stable job with a consistent paycheck, I am very happy for Cesar! (A great instructor who broke his leg on my daughters AFF level 8)

What about Melanie Curtis? While she does not do AFF jumps often, she is a top-notch coach who is available for no cost at Elsinore on a regular basis.

That makes 2 of us glad you passed on working there!!
"Tell ya the truth, I don't think this is a brains kind of operation."

Thanks Lisa I knew I would forget someone. But I did not think I would forget the 2 that the did my AFF Level 1 with me....Matt and Tom....

but I did say nothing (no one) is perfect...not even me B|

EDIT: and I did not mention Mark cuz he is now working full time with the military along with Cesar. But he is still at Elsinore on the weekends as well.

Lisa has named some good Instructor's (Tom and Matt) but I do not think that she has received any instruction from them. As for DSE, hanging out at the end of the day does not qualify as Skydive instruction. Elsinore does have some really good Instructors, Tandem and AFF, but those that were lost had great qualities and will not be easy to replace. Elsinore seems to now be more interested in numbers and not quality. People come and go from DZ's, that's a fact of life, but when 5 full time instructor's leave in a short amount of time something is wrong.

I heard that Mel beats people with rubber chickens, Hammo breaths fire, Brianne and Niklas cook and eat every 5th or 6th student, and DSE, well..... he puts his used chewing gum in the student helmets.

Miss the Elsinore peeps! :)
Keep on Rockin' don't worry about the haters..... :P

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

where is frost with line of

What is up with all these skydive staff politics lately? Cant you people keep it professional? Why do you feel the need to spill the dirt on the public forums? Sad. Just sad.

(This post was edited by frost on Feb 5, 2008, 9:36 AM)

is this like de ja vu or what diablopilot???

what are you gonna reply this time???

same old

It is the most politic absorbed business I've ever been involved with. There are very few who have the class and fortitude to remain above the fray.
?
?
this is just too funny....
Bernie Sanders for President 2016

I heard that Mel beats people with rubber chickens, Hammo breaths fire, Brianne and Niklas cook and eat every 5th or 6th student, and DSE, well..... he puts his used chewing gum in the student helmets.

They're actually cooking the students now? :o

Use to just eat 'em raw! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Lisa has named some good Instructor's (Tom and Matt) but I do not think that she has received any instruction from them. As for DSE, hanging out at the end of the day does not qualify as Skydive instruction.

As a matter of fact, I have. How in the hell would you know?

DSE works his butt off at the dz when he is there. And rarely hangs out at the end of the day.

There is nothing wrong. Why do you even care?
Get your facts straight or STFU.

Be yourself!
MooOOooOoo

You get more nutritional value this way. I mean, 'dents are a dime a dozen, but you still shouldn't waste!

Besides, did you eat them raw because fire wasnt discovered yet back then?
Remster

Exceptional people will come and go in our lives and at our dropzones, even DZ staples. It's the way of life. May they all follow their heart and have continued success.

That said, there are various experienced and talented instructors at Skydive Elsinore, who are very capable. Some have been teaching at SD Elsinore for longer than half of the wonderful instructors, whom you mentioned. In my opinion, SD Elsinore/up jumpers and the DZ school all continue to do a great job not only with new students, but also in catering the DZ to newbie jumpers.

Oh, and yes, I heard...
I heard that Hammo's fire breath cooks Brianne & Niklas' students, but the chickens that Melanie uses to beat peeps with are not really rubber chickens. They are the pre-cooked students trying to escape, before DSE uses his chewing gum to keep them under control. Yup, that's what I heard! Pass me the ketchup...
>:(

You get more nutritional value this way. I mean, 'dents are a dime a dozen, but you still shouldn't waste!

Besides, did you eat them raw because fire wasnt discovered yet back then?

Actually...we had fire but no refrigeration.

To keep meals fresh we just hacked off a limb now & then and let 'em hobble around until it was time to feast again!

What do ya call a jumper with no arms & legs?

~An Elsinore student! >:(

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Lisa has named some good Instructor's (Tom and Matt) but I do not think that she has received any instruction from them. As for DSE, hanging out at the end of the day does not qualify as Skydive instruction. Elsinore does have some really good Instructors, Tandem and AFF, but those that were lost had great qualities and will not be easy to replace. Elsinore seems to now be more interested in numbers and not quality. People come and go from DZ's, that's a fact of life, but when 5 full time instructor's leave in a short amount of time something is wrong.

Why don't you stop being a pathetic coward and just tell us who you are....wait we already know!!

At this point how much I looked up to you means nothing; why dont you just shut the fuck up and go on with your life?

ELSINORE IS MY DZ, NOT YOURS...SO STEP OFF BITCH!

Oh yeah...next time you try and hide like a coward on the internet you should read up on a little detail called an IP Address! Opps my bad you are a mac guy so all the technical jargon confuses you....sorry bout that :ph34r:

EDIT: OMG this is so frustrating. Not only did I forget to single out the most awesome female instructor ever; the one and only Yong!! My FJC instructor and Coach instructor (along with the well-know Elsinore-Hack; Mr. Jay Stokes). But after speaking with Niklas Daniels earlier today; I am going to the Perris Tunnel with him for 10 minutes of camera suit flying, for $5 less than straight tunnel time; plus free coaching from the man himself. I will admit I approached him on it; but he was more than eager to make this happen. If only I did not jump at Elsinore maybe I could have gotten someone a little more skilled than Mr. Daniels. For those of you who don't know who he is...well just pick up any recent issue of Parachutist or Blue Skies......lol Elsinore Rocks!

I will sum up this entire thread now!

Question: What's happening at Elsinore?

Answer: Pure, Uncut AWESOMENESS!!!
;)