Skydive2

Hand Cam Set-Up

We use hand-cam at our DZ in Australia. Cookie does make HC gloves, as does Waycool.

Waycools are way expensive. Not sure if Cookie has a glove for the CX100/110 yet.

If you have a good rigger locally, they can make them. I've been making gloves for the local TMs and they're getting better all the time.

We use hand-cam at our DZ in Australia. Cookie does make HC gloves, as does Waycool.

Waycools are way expensive. Not sure if Cookie has a glove for the CX100/110 yet.

only camera at work is the CX 100 B|
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

The Waycool gloves for the CX-100 have a nice 'pocket' on the side for the Hypeye D-Pro and are very well built. Pity there's no picture on the website.

Just had a look at the Simon gloves online.... urggh!! They look like they're ready to disassemble themselves at any minute.

As a side note, how many DZs in the USA do you think are using HandCam? My gloves are very nice and it may be worthwhile for me to mass produce them for sale (I am only making them one at a time right now)

I went with Simon gloves and couldn't be happier! Placed an order for 3 custom gloves and had them in hand in 5 days later!! Currently upgraded to three CX-100's one with a Cookie 0.3 one with a Opteka 0.3 and one with royal 0.2.. I love the royal lens but still prefer the Opteka over the three...even with the added bulk

I Ordered a glove and a lens from cookie on the 12th I'm waiting for them to ship it now.

I have just made a handicam glove for my gopro.

I unscrewed the lens off the waterproof case, cut a 5mm cylinder section from just below the thread of a coke bottle and super glued the glass lens filter to the cylinder to produce a filter. I then adhered the filter to the go pro with some 3M command adhesive I cut into a ring shape for use without the waterproof case, and protect the lens

I made a neoprene handicam glove using a pair of broken goggles, 3 beer coolers with some binding tape and some nice lining material. Using the go pro out of the waterproof case lowers is profile substantially, and improves the audio, making the lens filter was key to using this configuration.

I have not used it commercially yet but one other at work is, his footage is much crisper than any of the cx100 and Panasonic SD9 footage due to the shitty lenses us skydivers are sold for exorbitant prices.

My current glove cost me;

AUS$

$350 on a handicam glove
$250 for a lens
$40 for lens filter
$120 for Hype Eye
$650 for CX100e

= $1410

My go pro cost me $350 and includes a wide angle lens and filter, and an indicator light and my handicam glove cost me $18, and a few hours work.

I’ll post photos later…
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I Ordered a glove and a lens from cookie on the 12th I'm waiting for them to ship it now.

I have just made a handicam glove for my gopro.

I unscrewed the lens off the waterproof case, cut a 5mm cylinder section from just below the thread of a coke bottle and super glued the glass lens filter to the cylinder to produce a filter. I then adhered the filter to the go pro with some 3M command adhesive I cut into a ring shape for use without the waterproof case, and protect the lens

I made a neoprene handicam glove using a pair of broken goggles, 3 beer coolers with some binding tape and some nice lining material. Using the go pro out of the waterproof case lowers is profile substantially, and improves the audio, making the lens filter was key to using this configuration.

I have not used it commercially yet but one other at work is, his footage is much crisper than any of the cx100 and Panasonic SD9 footage due to the shitty lenses us skydivers are sold for exorbitant prices.

My current glove cost me;

AUS$

$350 on a handicam glove
$250 for a lens
$40 for lens filter
$120 for Hype Eye
$650 for CX100e

= $1410

My go pro cost me $350 and includes a wide angle lens and filter, and an indicator light and my handicam glove cost me $18, and a few hours work.

I’ll post photos later…

photos man!!!! Thanks.

I made mine with a $5 golf glove and spare velcro. I like Rhys idea about securing a lens protector. I will do that as well as find a hole punch and put a hole in the strap that is covering the indicator light. The glove has a hook velcro pad on top and the camera is covered in pile velcro. The camera also is held down by a strap that covers the entire camera (hard to see in pics)

This is the PERFECT glove/camera to take on non-video tandems or even AFF. I usually can sell a disk of 25-35 pics for $20 easily.

Sorry for the crappy pix -- my iphone sux as a camera!

steveOrino

I ordered a Cookie glove for my Cx100 and i'm using a cookie lens too (although it is not an HD lens) the cookie glove has a pocket set up on the side for a hypeye D pro so you can turn it on and off easily I have not got to fly it yet but I'm really happy so far.

I ordered my glove an lens from chutingstar in GA and saved $40 in shipping form Australia. They just added it to their regular order from Cookie did not have to wait much extra for it.
I refuse to tiptoe through life, only to arrive safely at death. www.reaperwear.com

photos man!!!! Thanks.

And introducing, the 'Goprobro' 'mark 1' in testing;

pictures attached.

I have to change the angle of the camera a little and improve the casing for the camera as well. I will get an attachment for my sewing machine for attaching the binding tape and these will be easy as.

I have a couple of orders already...
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I have put over 4000 tandems on my Glove built by Simon Wade and have never needed to have any maintinance or repairs done on it.
I used this glove mostly in harsh high desert conditions with rocks,sand,and dirt for landing areas.
My glove is custom fitted for my extremely wide and thick hands by Simon,and he built it out of cordura.
Do not waste your money on neoprene!
Neoprene will not last,it will tend to strech and loosen and tear after less than 1000 dives,it will also make your hand and arm sweat and stink.
I've seen most all the gloves out there and Simon Wade builds the best I've seen so far,but get it built of cordura.

Cookie gloves are made by downward trend rigging as far as I am aware, and yes they are comfortable, robust and nice.