Jumpjonno

Malfunction photos..?

Does anyone know where I can get hold of some good quality malfunction and nuisance factor (twists, end cell closure, slider up) photos please.

Jonno :)

There used to be some available through Sky Hi Visual Productions but I don't know if they still are. Have you tried Paragear?
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I asked the same question some years ago - here is my collection

rapidshare download

quality should be good enough for ppt's and printout

edit: Collection includes linetwist, lineover, streamer, stuck slider, bag lock, slider up in various forms (16 Pictures total)
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

Here's a link to some stills of a spinning mal i had on a Velo 103 last year. Clipped from my video camera but you are welcome to use them if they help.

Or swing me an email addy and i can send them to you.

Edited to add the link :$

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=587417132#/album.php?aid=105614&id=587417132

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Good post. I too have been looking for photo's of Mals that I can print and laminate. I have found 4 of decent quality - line twist, two out, streamer and Canopy Damage. Let me know if you would like me to email these to you.

I have found some laminated and ready for FJC but the cost is ridiculous.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

I have found some laminated and ready for FJC but the cost is ridiculous.

How much?

Here is website: http://skyhivisuals.tripod.com/malfunctions.htm

$195.00

Here are 4 that I have gathered from various pictures off the internet.

Well I guess it is all relative. My DZ uses the skyhi pictures and video. It is a very nice set and the fact that the pictures and video show the same mals both in still and video format is nice. I teach a couple of FJC's a month and very much like them. In my opinion it's worth the $195, of course the DZ paid for it not me! ;)
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

I almost forgot to take a pic of this non-diving linetwist during a Pulse demo jump :D It happened after a stuck risercover... Was I glad this wasn't my vengeance.

I'll trade the original highres for another original highres mal/nuisance shot ;)

Might be nice to start a highres collection of 'legal' pics, ie not just something grabbed off the 'net. Maybe post this in the camera forum too, must be more cameraflyers with 'accidental' shots around.

I also got video of 2 broken lines (not visible on photo...), this linetwist video, and probably some slider-up or other linetwist vid if I go looking for it. If someone wants to start a video collection...

click (not sure how long this link 'll be up)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

We use the skyhi pics with a few I took myself mixed in. Linetwists, slider up (actually a pic of a normal opening before the slider came down), closed end cells (not hard to get a pic of when you jump a sabre2), and a 2-out I shot of someone else. The skyhi pics are good, but they could use some updating. Some are really hard to tell what's going on. And the spanwise stripes on the canopy are a bit confusing.

Dave

Even if the Skyhi pics are worth the money to get them all nicely printed & laminated etc., yes the spanwise construction on the lower skin with different colours is slightly confusing.

More of a concern is that some photos are taken "infront" of the lines, like from a belly cam, rather than "behind the lines", as if you craned your head back to look up at the mess.

(At a DZ I'm at, one instructor turns those pics around so the line orientation seems right, but then the canopy is facing the wrong way...)

So there are a couple improvements to make if the photos were ever updated.

i like the idea of putting togehter a free high-res collection :)

@taffclarke: nice presentation!

to the OP: some sort of thanks to all the people contributing would have been nice

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

its been a while since i checked this post, but i came across a user on youtube who has a great series of videos for just about all the normal mals a student (or even an experienced skydiver looking for a refresh) could expect to come across. check for the user http://www.youtube.com/user/paracaidismoemavi hope that lots of people get a chance to review this stuff, lots of good stuff!

its been a while since i checked this post, but i came across a user on youtube who has a great series of videos for just about all the normal mals a student (or even an experienced skydiver looking for a refresh) could expect to come across. check for the user http://www.youtube.com/user/paracaidismoemavihope that lots of people get a chance to review this stuff, lots of good stuff!

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The Videos on YouTube are pirated from a work I did titled "The First Jump Course, A Video Training Aid". I have filed a complaint with YouTube and will follow up by looking into legal action.

This video isn't method specific but the freefall priorities section does lean toward AFF. It is narrated by Sherry Butcher, Secretary of USPA.It has 40 chapters that cover equipment, emergency procedures actual staged malfunctions, canopy checks, freefall priorities, decision altitudes, landing priorities, airspeed vs ground speed, landing patterns, and after landing. Over $10,000 and 4 years of hard work by a lot of great people went into it's production and it is a true crime that it is pirated by this low life from Columbia. Maybe he should go back to raising Coca plants.

It is available from Para-Gear for $69.95. Look at the first video on page 4 of the new catalog or look it up on their online catalog. It is also available direct from me and I will extend a $10.00 discount to anyone responding to this post in an attempt to make up for this slim ball's piracy. I'll also include free shipping. Just email me at [email protected]. I can accept CC number or PayPal. $59.95 gets you the DVD.
John Winkler (AKA "Wink")
Down To Earth, Inc.
Specializing in;
Professional Skydiving Photography and Video
Wink
Down To Earth Inc.
Master Rigger
Parachute rigging is simple. It only has to be perfect.

John, first off, i'd like to say that the video is very very very well put together! i have only seen this pirated version unfortunately... i hope we can crush this guy on youtube, but at the same time help promote the video... i still think it is a great wealth of information, and i hope you understand i meant nothing but the best for finding useful information for new and old jumpers alike. its a shame that so many people will rip others off... again, very good video, it is obviously a very informative piece, and i hope that this will in turn help promote future sales, thanks again for the hard work and time put into the video!

Mike, thanks for the compliments on the video. I wish you could see the whole thing. Maybe a local drop zone has one for their first jump course. I've sold very many to DZs. I was surprised at how fast YouTube removed the videos only a few hours after filing a complaint. One of our ex-jumpers is a high end patent attorney. I'm going to talk with him and see if I can at least make this guy's life miserable for a while.
Wink
Down To Earth Inc.
Master Rigger

The guy is in Columbia? Good luck.

There actually is patent law in most of South America, but it is effectively never enforced. You'd actually be looking for a copyright attorney, but again - finding a court in south America that will enforce copyright law is very difficult.

Wink - a question I've always wondered. Who's the rigger that stars in your video, the one who deploys the rig on the table and demonstrates the spinning bag? It looks an awful lot like a Rigger I know named Jerry, but he's denied being involved... I always loved the dorky look on his face when he deployed the rig.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Andyman,
Yea, I know patent and copyright are different animals but my guy is well versed in both. I know I'd never get anywhere but I'm hopinig I can at least make him uncomfortable for a while. :)
The Guy in the video is a rigger but not your guy. His name is Dave Tell and yes, his is kind of a dork ;) but a really good guy.

Wink
Down To Earth Inc.
Master Rigger