skipro101

Compensation

So I searched for this and found a lot of topics on pay per jump, but nothing about per year.

For those of you who work full time as a skydiver, how much do you make per year, and what is the percentage breakdown for individual jobs (ie, if you make 35K / year, what percentage is tandem, AFF, camera, editing, packing, etc).

Just curious....

So I searched for this and found a lot of topics on pay per jump, but nothing about per year.

For those of you who work full time as a skydiver, how much do you make per year, and what is the percentage breakdown for individual jobs (ie, if you make 35K / year, what percentage is tandem, AFF, camera, editing, packing, etc).

Just curious....

Hi, It really depends on the season as to how much your annual income will be, One year might be bumper and you might earn $10-20k more than average and the DZO might take on more staff to allow for growth and that may reduce your income by a similar amount.

I have been actively seeking the 'best position' for income since starting skydiving and have had some less than average positions, I believe my current position is amoung the best available as a commercial skydiver.

I began skydiving with the main intention of gaining a fun and lucrative career.

my current position will (according to past years averages) give me about AUS$80,000(US$70-75k).

But we have to have our own LLC's and pay our own Workers compensation/insurance, superannuation and tax's. Our company is also GST regesterd, My wife earns the same and we share the company.

We pay ourselves $40k each and try to invest as much as we can back in the business by purchasing equipment, attending training camps, competitions and records, and plain old fun jumping. The more we invest in this stuff the less company tax we pay.[;) and we can claim the GST(VAT) and tax and depreciation back on any purchases also.

I have worked at places where I struggled to make a living also...

it really depends on each individual dropzone and how it is run.

My Current DZ is Tandem with handicam only, we only have to supply our cameras, altis, handcam gloves, and flotation devices, we are supplied uniforms.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Now that's a class act. Wink
[Tongue]

Our uniforms consist of a pair of 3/4 swoop pants a tshirt ad a winstopper jacket.

I can't quite get whether you are being sacastic or not?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Compensation varies widely form one DZ to the next.
Over the last 27 years I have worked at a variety of clubs and commercial DZs.

Currently I earn a modest salary, which includes limited dental and prescription benefits.
I also get one week off per month over the winter. However, during the summer, I am expected to be on the DZ six days out of the week, up to 12 hours per day. I am expected to do any and all work (sewing, packing, tandems, teaching the first jump course, dispatching IAD students, PFF, packing reserves, driving the van to pick up students from the bus stop, etc.)
About the only thing I don't do is video.