WatchYourStep

Thoughts...

Then again, as has been implied several times, and which I've believed from the outset...everybody was in on the production of this 'prank'

We have a BINGO!

...and from the reactions received, job well done guys! ;)B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I bet if it were to come out that the passenger was a licensed skydiver, that would throw a wrench in the stake burning, "Oh I never thought of that." No shit.
Remember three sides to every story.

Shhh, don't fuck with the Kangaroo court.

Actually, keep it up. I love to watch these idiots squirm.

I bet if it were to come out that the passenger was a licensed skydiver, that would throw a wrench in the stake burning, "Oh I never thought of that." No shit.
Remember three sides to every story.

No bet...:P

Didn't know as much of the details then as I do now, but when this first came up I watched and said to myself~

~That's no shit, a 'reality show' type of sponsored commercial. . .which is apparent for several reasons, the most obvious being ~That's Not Terror~ :S

I've seen real terror a few times and trust me, what we see here is someone that plainly can't even 'act' scared, in that situation.

Could be, I thought... because he either he knows it's a 'prank' on some collaborative level, or he's a skydiver and 'they' don't know it...
(which ya gotta admit would have been pretty cool)

"We have a BINGO" :)

Oh yeah, on the 'Hook-Line & Sinker' test - - :)

~ ~ ~ I should get at least an 80% on that one, or if nothing else a 'Pass' if that's the grading scale. :ph34r:;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

come on guys lets get back to the topic... This thread was soooooo much better when you guys wanted the instructors ratings pulled. So lets get back to that. It was so entertaining

Nah it was so much better when there was a chance it was real. I still think it might be and I don't want anyone dragged over the coals for it. Fat git was fair game. I want it to be real so bad I'm just gonna ignore the "BINGO" and nonsense about knowing terror.

You have to laugh when people baying online use the old "professionalism" angle.

the handles would be very difficult for a student to reach, being just above and outboard of the students shoulders. It's not a natural place to reach, and even if you could, having the strength to pull them from that angle is doubtful.

A TM I knew had a passenger accidentally pull the cutaway handle once. With the side straps undone, the reserve deployment was very unstable. They caught a line under the passenger's leg and were unable to free it. The reserve spiraled in, killing the TM and injuring the passenger.

That same story was referenced in an earlier post responding to my comment. In that post, it was mentioned that the passenger was reaching back to grab a toggle when the handle was pulled.

In this video, it appears that the TI did not introduce the possibility of grabbing the toggles, or reaching back to grab anything. As such, the likelyhood of the student grabbing a handle on this jump wouldn't be any higher than on any other jump, and it might actually be lower as the student is never invited to reach back and grab anything.

Like I mentioned earlier, the student has no idea what the handles are or how to use them. There is no reason to suspect that in an emergency (real or imagined) that the student would reach for them. They are just as likely to reach for anything within their grasp, or nothing at all. This is a tandem student with tandem student training. They know nothing of malfunctions or emergency procedures and would not act like a skydiver in a similar situation.

Additionally, I would hope that the TI would be keep a close eye on the student in general, given the nature of the jump.

come on guys lets get back to the topic... This thread was soooooo much better when you guys wanted the instructors ratings pulled. So lets get back to that. It was so entertaining

Maybe you should have your rating you got out of a cracker jack box pulled for pushing people out of doors ;)

Maybe you should have your rating you got out of a cracker jack box pulled for pushing people out of doors ;)

Whatever... Go induce yourself into line twist genius ;)
Never give the gates up and always trust your rears!

...You have to laugh when people baying online use the old "professionalism" angle.

You say that like there's something "wrong" with professionalism.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239