steveorino

I only like working jumps ...

... am I weird. I love AFF and Tandem. I enjoy Demos. I don't like RW of any sort. I'm a so-so freeflyer, but I do like jumping my wing suit.

Any other instructors like me rather go home and play with the wife and kids (in my case ... grandkids) if there are no students at the DZ?

steveOrino

I am kinda the same. Just started doing tandems this year and also a IAD Jumpmaster. Mostly working jumps but when the winds are low at the end of the day we do 1 pass at 3000, everybody gets out for 10$can. Its a good time to work on the swoop;s!

... am I weird. I love PFF and Tandem. I enjoy Demos. I rarely do RW of any sort. I suck at freeflying, and have not jumped my wing suit in more than a year.

Any other instructors like me rather go home and play with the girlfriend - if there are no students at the DZ?

The other distraction is the mountain of rigging work always lurking in the loft.

I can not honestly say the same because I do love my fun jumps and when the student pool is low I still make almost every load. However, my work jumps are as fun as any I do and come first.

I really enjoy RW and especially if the Mrs. is jumping with me, but all that is put to the side for my work, and that is the way I like it.

I normally average 20+ work jumps per weekend. This weekend the winds were high and I was only able to get a few students up late in the day, add to that 2 or 3 tandem videos and my work was done, but I still managed to get 17 jumps for the weekend.

Alot of people don't seem to get it when I say I enjoy every work jump as much as any other jump. Glad to know I am not alone. As I tell all my coach candidates, post AFF / pre A license coach jumps are my favorite off all jumps. I just wish I had time to do more of them.