JumpHog

Post your handcam setup

With all of the various options out there, let's hear what your current /preferred handcam setup is. What glove/camera/lens/accessories are you using and what are the pros/cons of the various items? If you could change anything, what would it be?

Please post pics of your setup and/or stills from the camera. Thanks!

I use a Sony HC21, in a Skydiving Services Glove with a Royal 2.0 lens. I'm happy with everything but the stills that I pull...... I have about 300 jumps with this set up......
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Waycool & cameye, waycool.25lens, but want to try royal .2. Sont HC5, not the smallest camera, but quailty and screenshots are ok.

Will add pic soon.

In case I had to purchase e new set-up it would be CX105!
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

Here's my setup complete with HD video, DSLR stills and a backup camera. It's still a little heavy and I'm learning to fly it better, but the picture quality is amazing.

Karen

so heavy that you can't keep the student in frame :P now that's funny - thanks for making my morning
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

>hit your punter with that set up on opening yet?

It comes with a padding kit for people new to the system, so they can learn to use it without braining anyone.

>How much interference with your handles?

It was tested in a wind tunnel to ensure no interference with emergency procedures.

The camera depends on what your DZ's set up is. My current DZ is still using mini Dv and they heve dedicated editors so i am using a HC96.

The glove is a waycool, and the lens is a black eye.

The black eye is IMHO the best on the market that i have seen, though the cookie and royal do the job they have convex lenses and are suceptable to scratching, the black eye has a cheap filter available, i just replaced my filter and the lens is immaculate underneath, will last forever.. if i dont drop it!!!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I run Cookie Composite lenses with a filter and same same. Immaculate underneath and the filter is a cheap replacement.

I find that ALL lenses are liable to get scratched in our line of work at some time or another. In fact I have never heard of one that doesn't.
I like my canopy...

...it lets me down.

so you can get a fliter for the cookie .25 lens?

I don't think you can, the .3 and others yes but not the handcam lenses?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I use a Sony HC21, in a Skydiving Services Glove with a Royal 2.0 lens. I'm happy with everything but the stills that I pull...... I have about 300 jumps with this set up......

Just wondering why your hand is on the drogue so soon?

It's the last thing I check before I leave the plane, I wasn't tossing it at that point.....;)

Oh, and I forgot to add that I use a cameye also......
Pete Draper,

I don't stay up with technology, as long as it's work'n...

PC9, Way Cool .25 lens (with protective filter), riggerrob glove.

Here's winter tandem. I don't end up with a whole lot of pictures of me in free fall with the glove for some reason.

Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ