jerry81

Playing "catch the drogue" with the vidiot

Thats what I love about this country....the right to disagree. As for the tandem instructor....
You should worry about the camera flyer, you should worry about everyone in the air with you.
If you let him/her jump with you then he or she is your responsibility.
Since the passenger is your responsibility then you are ensuring his or her safety by eliminating any and all unnecessary emergencies. If the vidiot is in "the cone of death" (quite possibly the dumbest term in skydiving today) it is your responsibility to recognize this and not throw the drogue until it is safe.
In regards to this post as well, the answer is yes! I am saying he should take the time to check over his shoulder. There is no exscuse for not doing this. The correct preocedures are exit, clear airspace and throw drogue. Being able to deal with an out of control student, a lunatic vidiot and a bad spot with an enveloped drogue in tow is what it is all about!
If you can't deal with all of this then there is no future in tandems.
P.S. I am not directing the last statement at you....That is for everyone.
Just my .02
GW
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"

as much as i want wo go along with you: there will be the moment when one of us (me, you, your buddy at the dz etc) has to deal with all the shit that can go wrong. if we as instructors are able to keep a cool head in these instances, we'll be able to tell one more of the "oh shit, there i was" stories, post videos or have lenghty discussions in here. if not we'll be the ones being discussed of in incidents

to keep it simple: nobody is bullet proof, even if we always try to do things by the book :|

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

The funnay thing is about that pic is that it is an improper student position (old school technique) and it appears as though the drogue was folded improperly.
Just an observation. I may be wrong about the Drogue
"Dropzone.com, where uneducated people measuring penises, has become an art form"