pywas

TI study guide

Ok, so I planing to get tandem rating in future.
I tried to find some handbook or manual of tandem emergency procedure or a TI study guide. I only manage to locate AFP "TM handbook". Maybe someone knows where to find more of thoes? Thanks!

I'm not a TI so i could be talking out of my ass here but surely since there are different tandem systems and ratings: sigma, strong, etc it would be largely manufacturer dependent? In other words the emergency procedures manual would be different across various brands and thus no such thing as a "one size fits all" handbook?

Here is the link to the Sigma manual, maybe that helps?

http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=66

And here is the link to the Strong owners manual:

http://www.strongparachutes.com/pages/tandem_main.php

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

I understand that there is the manual for tandem rigs, with emergency procedures described, I studied thoes. Now I just want to find something similar to AFP manual, if it exists, compare them and try to learn as much as I can. But thanks anyway ;)

If you plan on getting a Strong Tandem Rating go ahead and purchase the Tandem Instructor Certification Packet. It contains everything you need to study to get the rating, Plus you will need it anyway.

You can purchase this online on their web site.
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

Thanks a lot guys, the links are very helpfull !

Maybe someone knows where I can get tandem training video online. Thanks!

You'll receive one with your Strong packet if I'm not mistaken. Probably Sigma too if you order, I did the cross over training and just borrowed the video from the examiner.

when you take your ti rating course there will be some vidio that will be helpful but te dont want you see them till the course for good reason. you need to learn from them in that setting with proper traing,like a first jump course when you get wethered out and your students come back the next day,now you have to worry about them practicing wrong an building bad habits,talk with only te at first they are the ones that know or 5 to 10 thousand just tandem guys they have seen most. always remember the old guys know best the bold guys are not with us anymore and only the good die young so be bad an have fun blue skies.
He who hesitates shall inherit the earth

youtube has 1000's of hours of Tandem "How too" and "How not too" video.

Matt

Youtube is a perfect source of what to expect in the field as a TM.

Best way to learn more about Tandems is to take the course. Although books and videos are very helpful, it's not perfect.
Hang around, talk to the guys etc or take the course
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!