skydiverton2

Handcam open with left or right release

I just had a small discussion with a fellow TM who thinks you shall always use your left release first, handcam or not. I do not see the problem in using the right hand release as primary and the left hand as secondary and use my left hand to get a good openingshot (our passengers can not access the right hand release!)

Please comment
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

Well this would be excluding the strong dual hawk as both handles are on the right side. I believe the Sigma manual states the instructor should alternate sides the use as the primary release. Personally I think alternating would be best but with handycam I see no reason that the right side should not be used all the time as the primary release, this would give you the best openning shot and their si nothing stating you have to use the left one as the primary.
Kirk
He's dead Jim

I always use the right drogue release when using Handcam.... when I'm not filming I alternate releases.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

What was his reasoning to why you should deploy with left hand?:S

As this is the normal procedure, any deviation from this sequence is an out-of-sequence deployment procedure:S
THIS IS NOT MY OPINION!!!
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

The term "drogue release" and "auxiliary drogue release" belong to the past. Both are drogue release and you gotta pull at least one, at your discretion. As Sid and kirk mentioned before, always keep practicing on both sides. I pull my "left side drogue release" every jump without handcam (30%).
Now days we are teaching new TI candidates to pull the drogue release. If nothing happens, pull the other drogue release. Very simple.

No Drogue, no JUMP!!