Icemann

Think I just broke my neck??

Ok so I just got my Cookie from ChutingStar, but what I didn't realise was that the helmet is way too small that it could barely cover my mouth. Didn't know what I was thinking I proceeded to keep pushing my head onwards trying to stuff it into the helm while my hands were holding it down until I heard a clear snap and then felt an excruciating pain from my upper vertebrae as well as the neck muscles. It's been almost 20 minutes now and it hurts to even look around. Would it simply be a case of overstretched muscle or a detached spinal chord? I can still move my limbs but not turning my head anymore... If it's the later then GG.

is this serious or a wind up??

if you felt something POP and are in Pain, stop moving your head and call for Help. keep as still as possible and wait for help to arrive. it is better to be safe than sorry with something like this.

it is amazing sometimes what can happen to a human body

Good luck and I hope its nothing serious

Icemann

*Fak whoever designed that helmet :ph34r:

I'm not entirely sure I agree with your assessment of who is at fault, here :P

Heal fast, anyway.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Joellercoaster

****Fak whoever designed that helmet :ph34r:

I'm not entirely sure I agree with your assessment of who is at fault, here :P

Heal fast, anyway.

I'm visualizing the fat girl trying to get into skinny jeans. :D
Every fight is a food fight if you're a cannibal

Goodness is something to be chosen. When a man cannot choose, he ceases to be a man. - Anthony Burgess

There is also the potential for a G3 chinstrap adjustment system to malfunction and lock up on your head after tightening it. Happened to me with a rental helmet at a tunnel a few months ago. Took quite a while and a bit of pain to get it off. I realize it was a rental (no tellin' who did what to it) and don't blame Cookie just mentioned it so people take the adjustment instructions for G3's seriously.

This incident won't stop me from buying one when I can find a good deal because I have been happy with ones I have used.

Just remember: in this century nothing is your fault.
Your friendly neighbourhood personal injury lawyer will cheerfully help you sue the assets off anyone who harmed you. Your friendly neighbourhood personal injury lawyer will also cheerfully pocket 33 percent of your settlement.
As for the 8 year long legal process driving you insane ......
Hah!
Hah!

Be gentle with your neck and carefully follow your physiotherapists' advice.

This advice comes from a 59 year old skydiver who suffers from thinning discs and arthritis in my neck. If I sleep at the wrong angle, I suffer tingling nerves in my arms. 6,500 jumps and a few hard openings started my neck problems.

While the OP should've realised pushing it too hard would result in something like that eventually, the sizing of Cookie's products is very reminiscent of the women's clothing catalogues, where the thinnest person you've ever seen is placed in the "plus" section. I know I have a freakishly large noggin, but I still can't fit in their XXL models, at least not if I plan on breathing afterwards. I'm a firm believer in Bonehead's fit and comfort, they size them so that they actually fit the heads advertised (funnily enough, the claimed sizes are exactly the same as Cookie's!), and they throw so much extra padding foam at you that any fit you can possibly need is achievable, even if your parents liked experimenting with boards and vices when you were a kid.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

They wouldn't need to if their sizing chart had any basis in reality. Again, I have a Bonehead helmet which uses the exact same chart and it fits me *perfectly*, with enough room for my long hair and cold weather clothing. My head is 63-63.5cm and when Bonehead tells me XXL will fit, it does. Cookie also says that and it doesn't.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

mathrick

They wouldn't need to if their sizing chart had any basis in reality. Again, I have a Bonehead helmet which uses the exact same chart and it fits me *perfectly*, with enough room for my long hair and cold weather clothing. My head is 63-63.5cm and when Bonehead tells me XXL will fit, it does. Cookie also says that and it doesn't.

I know man, the pain is real. I will just get a KISS from Square1 the next time I visit my DZ.

I tried a KISS on too, but wasn't too happy with the fit. It might've been an XL rather than XXL though, the dealer didn't have all sizes on the shelf. Aero has the same great fit as Rev2 (I tried it), and it's a more traditional fullface design (except it can be cut away).