slj678

recruiting people

As an instructor (or anybody for that matter) do you get any kind of bonus for bringing in X number of people? Guess what I'm asking is if you bring so many people to the sport does a dzo recognize that and maybe give you credits for jumps or anything, or do you just bring people in to help the sport grow?
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

Various DZ's have different policies. I've been given a jump ticket for every tandem before and I've also been given a couple bucks credit for every tandem. Another DZ around here used to hand out cards with jumpers account numbers on it and for everyone returned by a tandem got you some credit on account.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Our club has 'group organizer' tips on its website, and the more people you bring, the higher percentage discount the whole group gets. I think we also get referral credit, where we put our name on DZ business cards, and any new jumper who sign up for training and presents the card, gets I think a 10% discount on the FJC. Then the person whose name is on the card gets $12 worth of jump credit. One guy at our club brings BUS-LOADS of university students every summer, and I'd imagine he gets mucho credit.
PULL!! or DIE!!

Our club has 'group organizer' tips on its website, and the more people you bring, the higher percentage discount the whole group gets. I think we also get referral credit, where we put our name on DZ business cards, and any new jumper who sign up for training and presents the card, gets I think a 10% discount on the FJC. Then the person whose name is on the card gets $12 worth of jump credit. One guy at our club brings BUS-LOADS of university students every summer, and I'd imagine he gets mucho credit.

Yeah I go to Texas A&M and everytime somebody brings it up it seems like they are like wow will you take me!!?!? haha I just didn't know if that was a normal practice or not?
"I didn't know they gave out rings at the holocaust"

My DZ gives cards out you can put you manifest # on and when they use it I can get 10 Credit, and student/ tendem get 10 off jump. I normally just put on back my # and a note to give student 20 off instead of me getting 10 dollars on account.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

We don't get anything but I'm told that if one of our students should become a world champion the instructor gets a pullup cord.
"Here's a good specimen of my own wisdom. Something is so, except when it isn't so."

Charles Fort, commenting on the many contradictions of astronomy

I've taken no less than 25 tandems to my DZ and have gotten a free jump for every one unless it's a repeat tandem of which there have only been 2. I have also taken 2 people to start AFF at another DZ and if I remember right I received a free jump for each of those also. I feel that the DZ's that I frequent are quite generous. Thanks Hod and Tina, and Fred and Lenni.

I may be getting old but I got to see all the cool bands.

Never got more than a hearty Thank You, if that.

Apparently the Canadians don't understand the concept of economic stimulus.

Apparently it's the same at some US DZs too [:/]

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3471526#3471526
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy