NYKid

Whats your pay at your DZ

In australian dollars;

Tandem only $39

Tandem with handicam DVD $77

Tandem with DVD and still grabs $81

Outside video or stills $48

Outside Video and stills $60

Aff not sure is at other DZ 2 hours away.

Pack $9
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

For
TI--$50 and TI's are responsible for packing. If they don't want to pack, they have to find someone to do it for them and $10 goes to that packer.
AFFI--We don't do AFF but we get $5 for each student we put out on the static line. Once they are on freefall, we don't get paid.
Video--Tandem videos are $55 but the videographer also has to pay their slot (so if they go from 10,000', the videographer nets $40). We don't charge for solo students. If the instructor has a video camera they'll often time throw it on when jumping with students. If the student brings in a DVD we'll burn a copy for free.
Coach--$0, and coaches pay for their own jumps, and the student pay it forward eventually.

Coach--$0, and coaches pay for their own jumps, and the student pay it forward eventually.

That's very cool for the students! Problem I see is that many students drop off, quite a few more quit before 100. 200, 500, etc. jumps, still a few more who stick it out, have no desire to instruct. So, you "receive" 20 Coach jumps while you're a student, once you become an instructor, you "Pay it forward" for life. Quite Utopian!

We tend to "pay it forward" once the student has his "A." The fun jumpers do not (for the most part) avoid jumping with newbies. As DZO, I do not (for the most part) allow people to manifest around people. (edit to add) One C182 DZ.

TI: 40 ($10 more if he packs)
TI: with HC $65 ($10 more if he packs)
AFF: not offered
IAD: $10 per student, plus ride up to 4,000' (has to pay if he goes on up, $1.50 per 1,000'.
Free fall student: $10, ride up to student's altitude. We'll start leaving with the student "Coach Jump" after :10 delays.
Coach: $10
IAD FJC: $25 per
note: my instructors never pay to instruct.
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Does any of this differ between full time and part time instructors?
Rotation of full time or part time / weekend work?

I don't think you understand the "One Cessna DZ" state of mind, so to speak. We all have day jobs, including the DZO. Not that we have to, but because we prefer to eat and sleep indoors.

So, I guess the answer is "No, no difference."

Nobody in Kansas makes their living exclusively from skydiving. Not that it can't be done, I've seen it done. One simply needs to have a very low standard of live'n! The most memorable quote I remember from the DZO who was living exclusively from his DZ revenue was (think British accent) "No more 206. I just crashed it." Maybe he was neglecting maintenance, in favor of food? BTW, that was Nick Robson (now diciest, died in a Florida jump plane crash, he was not pilot on that load.)
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

We pay TI $40.00 no Packing $30.00 more for Hand Cam we provide the camera NO EDITING
AFF $40.00
Packers $10.00 for everything
Coach $15.00

We are also a 1 cessna DZ currently. oh by the way www.tradewindskysports.com
SONIC BEEF #1 BASE 708, NC BASE 3
SLI,IADI,AFFI.TIE.FAA Rigger, Single & Multi Commercial Pilot,CFI, CFII, MEI

Twenty-nine tandems in one day! DAMN!

Were you a bit wrung-out by the end of that day? I would imagine that 29/day is an unsustainable pace (safely) over many days even if you had the opportunity.

On the other hand, maybe I am just getting old. :|:|:|

The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

the next few days I did 22tand/14hc, 10tand/5hc, 10tan/6hc....etc.... and then 25tand/15hc the next Saturday no days off for like 15 days.
I'm a work horse but that was the first time I was hoping for some bad weather days:S.

nice pay check thoughB|

------------------------------------------------
'I refuse to tiptoe quitely through life
only to arrive safely at death' Anon

TI: $35
AFFI: $35
Video: $30 (?) somewhere in that ballpark
Coach: $15
Radio: $6
Pack sport/student: $6
Pack tandem: $13

This is a weekend only (for now) 1 cessna DZ. They pay instructors fairly and treat everyone that walks on the DZ well, worth the drive for us to get there.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

AFF Main side: $35
AFF Reserve side: $15
Coach: $15

So an AFFI Reserve side makes Coach pay? What are the differences in duties for the AFF Instructors?
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

In australian dollars;

Tandem only $39

Tandem with handicam DVD $77

Tandem with DVD and still grabs $81

What's the TM's responsibility? Own gear or gear provided? Packing? editing/providing dvd's? How are the stills provided to the passenger, on dvd also?

$80 a jump, that's some serious coin.

i work two dropzones
c182 dropzone______ pac750
tandems $0 _______ $30.00
all other $0 _______ ?
video $85.00 ______ ?
you do all editing
shipping etc...

i think i need to find a better paying dropzone!:)

You do tandems for free? I presume it is a club, but still,...