kj126

AFF Phenominon

I though that’s what the log book was for, to document ones personal history of skydiving that is signed attesting to the fact by the pilot, a licensed skydiver, or while one is a student/non “A” qualified a coach or instructor.

The proficiency card is just a document stating requirements have been met and signed attesting to that fact on one or two pieces of paper. Those same satisfied requirements on the proficiency cards should also be found documented and signed in the log book of the proficiency card holder.

One step further. Why not a "proficiency card" for every license!...over and above what's in the SIM requirements.

Over and above SIM requirements? Are you thinking along the lines of changing or editing license requirements for licenses B though D?

The advanced license proficiency card wouldn't be for making license applications to the USPA. It would, however, serve as a tangible way for the jumper to track their progress toward their goal (each license) and help them keep track of any outstanding skills/requirements.

The SIM requirements are just minimums for earning each license. A proficiency card would be aimed at continued jumper education by showing a series of progressions toward each one of the "minimums" currently in the SIM. This might be similar to the ISP category skills (SIM Section 4.1 "Skill and Knowledge Sets") in a checklist/definition format. An advanced license proficiency card is just a way to have that visual reminder of how to reach your next skydiving goal.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

You said it much better than I could/would have.

Except for this part:
"The advanced license proficiency card wouldn't be for making license applications to the USPA."

Yes, I want them for making application to the USPA.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I though that’s what the log book was for, to document ones personal history of skydiving that is signed attesting to the fact by the pilot, a licensed skydiver, or while one is a student/non “A” qualified a coach or instructor.

And you would be correct.

The proficiency card is just a document stating requirements have been met and signed attesting to that fact on one or two pieces of paper.

The A-license cards do a pretty good job of gathering all those specific requirements in one place for that license.

Those same satisfied requirements on the proficiency cards should also be found documented and signed in the log book of the proficiency card holder.

What you're missing is this:
Now, What documentation will USPA accept as proof of your accomplishments? Your logbook?

For other licenses, what verification does USPA have the supports your contention that you met the requirements for that license? Your logbook?

In the real world, how many skydivers actually have documented in their logbook the higher license requirements with appropriate Instructor sign-offs?

One step further. Why not a "proficiency card" for every license!...over and above what's in the SIM requirements.

Over and above SIM requirements? Are you thinking along the lines of changing or editing license requirements for licenses B though D?

Ahhhh...maybe not a bad idea given the state of the union at this time. There's already a (very basic) Canopy Control Progression Card although it's not mandatory in any way. Why not have one attached to your higher license as a requirement to be fulfilled before you get the license?
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

What you're missing is this:
Now, What documentation will USPA accept as proof of your accomplishments? Your logbook?

In a sense, yes, ones log book but more to the fact the USPA license application form filled by the applicant and compared to the log book by the official who is verifying.

In the real world, how many skydivers actually have documented in their logbook the higher license requirements with appropriate Instructor sign-offs?

Good question. I would say you have brought something that is vary real in the sport and may be going beyond licensing and into the ratings.

All I can say is when I verify a B—D application form I check it against the log book and if something is not right I sent them on there way with what they need to accomplish. The knowledge test is the last accomplishment the applicant makes because I want them to satisfied their skills before taking the test. When they take the test and pass, it will be the last time they will see their application form. I keep the form and fax in. I practice that no applicant will carry the correct answers for a passing test for a license. Who many I/E, Instructors, and S/TAs may not be doing this?

There's already a (very basic) Canopy Control Progression Card although it's not mandatory in any way. Why not have one attached to your higher license as a requirement to be fulfilled before you get the license?

Maybe it time.
Memento Mori