skittles_of_SDC

What is involved in getting a uspa coach rating?

But down here in So Cal we are lousy with Instructors. And not all of them are as thoughtful as you. So a fellow you or I might not sign for can go Instructor shopping easily enough . . .

NickD :)

Damn. It's 7:30 am and my day starts off being pissed off.
You are so right, Nick. Instructor shopping. Damn.
"I won't go to AFFI A to get signed off on my A-card because he'll make me actually know something. I'll go to AFFI B because he'll sign off after simply saying a few words...I won't have to actually know anything."

The trouble with any change is that it's going to be next to impossible to weed out the bozos who are on the low end of the instructional totem pole...they'll still be there to continue their rubber-stamp business.

AND, we don't have the DZOs responsible enough to put a stop to it on their own home ground.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Show up with your money.

Clarify please.

Are you saying that if you just show up and pay for a coach course, it's guaranteed that you'll get the rating?

Or, are you saying that if you show up with your money, you will have the skills necessary to be a safe and effective USPA rated coach?

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

- David

I was in Glenn Bangs first coach course he ever taught (in Titusville) and he actually said that everyone would pass even if we had to redo jumps and "Teaching" sections. We were pretty much pormised ratings.