milehighpres

FIRST tandem cutaway

well ..."there I was"....

normal everything camera guy...handle check..everything. well deploy...into slight line twist..no biggie.done that before...well upon the line twist being let out...then i see a wierd site....STEP THOUGH...no controlablility...so had to go...student was awesome...got out "WA...." and we were under the reserve...

thank you to my IE...lol who taught me was on the same load....took it to the rigger shack..and he was there to ask what happened and to inform me of my instant owing of beer..!!!!!
"the sky is not the limit....the ground is"

I've seen it where the toggles are wrapped in the risers in the step threw, but I was able to twist the risers and "push" the step through down to pull the free the toggles and land normally.

Maybe he wasn't able to do that?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Can some experienced explain a step through...?

There's more than one way a rig can inadvertently be flipped thru the risers. Please get with an Instructor or Rigger at your local DZ for an explanation, demonstration and decision-making processes if faced with one in the future.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Hope you didn't think I was addressing you... It was directed to humanflite's RFI post.
Sounds like you made the right decision.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

toggles would not move...and some have said that you can land a step trough....but didnt want to chance it....

canopy still not found...

anyone know anything about the canopy finder system???

You decided and landed safe with your passenger. Rest is not important
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

wasnt bad....didnt really get to do any turn...ended up flying straight in...but my first thought was..damn i dont have flairing toggles..lol.. but it was perfect. i am a military rigger, and now having used a skyhook..i can teach others about it soo much better...
"the sky is not the limit....the ground is"

A "Flip through" is even. A "step through" would not fly well at all. I've landed flip throughs on tandems before. You really have to work at getting the toggles undone.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com