fastpete

most Tandems in the Same Load ?

I dont know whats the most tandems in the same load.

Anyways a year back in empuria they had an Otter & a Beech99 for regular jumps and a skyvan only for tandmes for some time..

So the skyvan was flying tandems only loads the whole day.. B|

I guess they easily jump more than 100 tandems in a day many days a year..

I think a reasonable limit is 1/2 of the dz's set of tandem gear. This way you have one set in the plane, one set getting ready for the next load.

I'm curious why you're asking the question. If the DZ has the gear, I don't see why you can't fill up as big a plane as you have completely with tandems. In a Twin Otter, this means 11 pairs, although it may be difficult to maneuver. The practical limit is probably 9 pair, plus a few video flyers.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

I was one of the tandem instructors that participated in the 20th anniversary of tandem jumping a few years ago at Carolina Sky Sports in Louisburg, NC. Bill Booth and Ted Strong were both on the load(s). We had 20 tandems in the air at one time exiting a formation load of two CASA 212's.

Chuck

I think a reasonable limit is 1/2 of the dz's set of tandem gear. This way you have one set in the plane, one set getting ready for the next load.

Sometimes you have group of 8-9 folks that would all like to go on the same load. I'm sure I've been on an 8, and maybe a 9 in that situation. Not a big deal, but we do 2 passes. :)

I was one of the tandem instructors that participated in the 20th anniversary of tandem jumping a few years ago at Carolina Sky Sports in Louisburg, NC. Bill Booth and Ted Strong were both on the load(s). We had 20 tandems in the air at one time exiting a formation load of two CASA 212's.

Chuck

Photos I took from that event can be seen HERE
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING