skydiver30960

ANOTHER Class 3 thread. Please help if you can!

I need to ask some questions about the red-tape side of the FAA 3rd class medical. If anyone is "in the know" in these regards or very comfortable with the regulations, could you please PM me?

Note: very specifically, NOT trying to break the law or put one over on The Man. Just trying to make sure I handle the situation correctly.

My medical examiner has been impossible to get a hold of so far. He's a nice guy, I just can't get past his PITA receptionist.

MODS: I'm going to cross-post this in the Bonfire. PLEASE don't be mad, it's just two different types of folks who watch those forums.

Thanks;

Elvisio "red tape bites" Rodriguez

If you are a member of AOPA they will be happy to help you out. If not, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call (800-872-2672) and see if they will bend the rules and offer an informational assist. If that doesn't work you could check in with the FAA directly. They have a wealth of information on their web site regarding medical issues, and a series of phone contacts. The main web site is FAA.gov, but medical issues are covered at http://www.faa.gov/licenses_certificates/medical_certification/
Tom Buchanan
Instructor Emeritus
Comm Pilot MSEL,G
Author: JUMP! Skydiving Made Fun and Easy

Wow. That was actually a bit easier than I was expecting it to be. I'd found the info on the website already, but for some reason I guess it didn't even dawn on me that there'd be phone numbers to call. A quick search on "medical phone" on the faa site led me to a REAL HUMAN BEING who answered my questions IN ENGLISH instead of FAR-CFR-ese and gave me some good (but not great) news. I never would have expected that from the kingpins of bureaucracy.

Thanks very much for the help!

Elvisio "got some answers" Rodriguez