mciocca

ATMONAUTI

I believe the atmonauts are confusing gravitational wind with the magnetic lines of flux that flow between the north and south pole of the earth. Flying parallel to these lines the atmonaut surfs the magnetic waves much like a radio wave rides a carrier band wave. This could also explain why the pro track, neptune etc. can't record the correct data due to the electromagnetic interference. I suppose an atmonaut could conceivably get suspended between two waves and be in a state of suspension due to the harmonic resonance induced by the oscillation of the two parallel waves.;)

http://cns-alumni.bu.edu/~slehar/webstuff/hr1/hr1.html

Wow, that seems like such a valid theory... That really deserves a place in the wiki. :D

"Another emerging theory is that atmonauts are flying parallel to the lines of magnetic flux that flow between the north and south pole of the earth. Flying parallel to these lines, the atmonaut surfs the magnetic field much like a radio wave rides a carrier wave. This could also explain why various experimental instruments have been unable to record the correct data due to the electromagnetic interference. An atmonaut could conceivably become indefinitely suspended within the field due to the harmonic resonance induced by the oscillation of the parallel waves. [5]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relative_Gravitational_Wind
Gravity Waits for No One.

The physics might be a load of shit but its still a new discipline and there is a lot of people trying to deny that.

I'm sure people took the piss the first time someone put bars on the end of their bikes wheel nuts and hopped up on a bench. People probably dismissed it as a discipline when someone decided that the spectacle of oversteer should have its own category and be called drifting. They laughed when that chap made a mistake and picked up the football and ran the pitch with it giving birth to the wonderful sport now known as rugby.

The fact is that it's NOT a new discipline... If you read the previous posts and/or search around a bit, you would find that Atmonauti has been performed for quite some time. It's nothing new, nor is it anything that's ever been considered by the skydiving community as a whole, to be revolutionary.

DAMM!
Only just saw this whole post. Stired up a hornets nest on the freefly forum with the 'Holy Church of Atmonuati' awhile back.
Those nutters apparently got so 'deeply insulted' by the wikipedia entries they've written to wiki and had any entries locked on the subject.
Halarious!
Not too far off of the behavior exibited by the church of Scientology whenever anyone says a bad world about Elron Hubbert.

Here's a good add.

Atmonauti- Its not just about flying. Its about having a full frontal labotomy and being forced to stand in pews worshiping and giving money to Tiezzi.

Thankfully that kind of behavior is limited to Italy and now South Africa.

DAMM!
Only just saw this whole post. Stired up a hornets nest on the freefly forum with the 'Holy Church of Atmonuati' awhile back.
Those nutters apparently got so 'deeply insulted' by the wikipedia entries they've written to wiki and had any entries locked on the subject.
Halarious!
Not too far off of the behavior exibited by the church of Scientology whenever anyone says a bad world about Elron Hubbert.

Here's a good add.

Atmonauti- Its not just about flying. Its about having a full frontal labotomy and being forced to stand in pews worshiping and giving money to Tiezzi.

Thankfully that kind of behavior is limited to Italy and now South Africa.

Actually, the Wiki mods did a bit of research (probably on DZ.com) and realized that these guys are full of crap... They deleted the atmonauti page completely. Which is actually too bad, because it's not a bad idea to have a wiki on atmonauti as long as it is just presents the facts. I wonder if these guys will ever realize how far they've set themselves back by promoting it the way they did.

Which is actually too bad, because it's not a bad idea to have a wiki on atmonauti as long as it is just presents the facts.

The page would then read: "It is fun, no!?!"
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

Actually, the Wiki mods did a bit of research (probably on DZ.com) and realized that these guys are full of crap... They deleted the atmonauti page completely. Which is actually too bad, because it's not a bad idea to have a wiki on atmonauti as long as it is just presents the facts. I wonder if these guys will ever realize how far they've set themselves back by promoting it the way they did.

It is there today:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmonauti

I did some googling for any GPS logging data on Atmonauti and found this:

http://www.trackingderby.com/en/trace_view_3399_meters.php
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:D:D:D Did you notice that they locked in "Furnarimonauti" and "much of the Atmonauti community credits JP Furnari for discovering Relative Gravitational Wind, which is what makes Atmonauti much safer than any other skydiving discipline" :D:D:D I have no idea who would have put that there:)

"And again, in October, 2004, Marco discovered the possibility to fly Atmonauti in the wind tunnel: "Tunnelnauts" = "wind tunnel navigators". That consisted of flying around all the perimeter of the tunnel in a side Atmonauti position."

These "discoverers" are really annoying. Annoynauts?

"And again, in October, 2004, Marco discovered the possibility to fly Atmonauti in the wind tunnel: "Tunnelnauts" = "wind tunnel navigators". That consisted of flying around all the perimeter of the tunnel in a side Atmonauti position."

These "discoverers" are really annoying. Annoynauts?

lol, that's hilarious. Either that or space-cadets. Those stupid helmets make them look beyond idiotic. If they tried wear those here, they'd get laughed off the DZ faster than they could say "JP is our god". lol

The web site and the format they use is curious at best....
Quiet a few listings proclaiming 'New World Record' or 'First Time Ever'. Basically if they do a jump and happen to be in a particular formation(someone coliding with them) the claim that it was intentional and proclaim it a new world record.
Its always unreal how Tiezzi encourages people to collide with formations.

The helmets are pretty confortable though....

Just recently started a thread in reference to At'mong'nauti in the Freefly Forum (without doing my research first). That particular thread has since been appropriately locked.

It seems that the majority of the issues raised have been thoroughly examined within this particular forum; but god knows why, as even the most competent practitioner of Atmonauti can hardly consider themselves, in the classical sense, as an instructor (I.e. Atmo not being a formal discipline. Just another form of skydiving etc..)

Despite the malapropos location of this thread I would still like to continue using it to further examine the nature of the Atmonauti phenomenon and why so much unjustifiable reverence is poured upon the discipline and its founders.

Is the devotion to Atmonauti comparable to mild idolatry? If so, what are the contributory factors.

I aint got time to bleed!

just becasue you don't understand something, you shouldn't bash it. Some of the worlds best freelyers frequently engage in atmo jumps.

Maybe try giving it a go before you try so hard to bash it.

maybe then you will realise it is a nice way to fly.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix