mciocca

ATMONAUTI

Lou, dont underestimate the skills and talent in South Africa, however small the community. Our swoopers are doing great on the world scene, our wingsuiters are on the world records and attempts, and in atmo we're one of the strongest nations adopting the discipline, and are very competitive pretty much in most other disciplines.

A South African is currently one of a handful in the world currently proficient at flying atmo feet first and has been very much involved at developing the discipline further.

3 South Africans are currently on the Atmo World Team and South Africa was represented/competed at the 2007 Atmo Champs.[/REPLY]

JUST FOR THE RECORD MARCO IS ITALIAN NOT SOUTH AFRICAN :S;)

Yes Marco Tiezzi and Marco Ciocca are Italian (not sure which you're referring to - him or I), however I represent South Africa in competition as I am a citizen of that country and am the one I was referring to when talking feet first atmo:P

Gigliola Borgnis and Davide D'Alessandro (amongst others Im sure) are also developing the feet first atmo on from where Gigliola started it back in 2000 (i think that was the year). We are working towards incorporating feet first atmo into ARW4 (atmo 4-way linked).

I believe this is a cool aspect specific to the possibilities within atmo, and South Africa can say it was a part of it ;)

The Sky's Our Playground

The reason for being in the instructors forum is to inform the general instructor body of the progression currently employed for the atmo discipline, inclusive of safety procedures and requirements - such as exit, exit order, breakoff, direction of flight, category test requirements for each body position within atmo etc.

TH instructors at DZ around the world should be up to date with developments in the sport, and thus should have access to this information.

Ultimately (if you refer to the post at the very beginning of this thread) you will see the general outline of the progression and safe flying procedures currently in use within the atmo community.

The idea is... we should all read it as instructors/safety officers at our home dz's and have it at the back of our minds for the safe practice of atmo.

For students/interested skydivers, it is the basis of the progression, and sheds light specific to the requirements etc.
The Sky's Our Playground

I still don't understand what this is doing in the instructor's forum. JP - Did you get the idea for inventing this while giving "legs out" to a backsliding student?

Blues,
Dave

It's here to satisfy the feeding of the OP's ego.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I still don't understand what this is doing in the instructor's forum. JP - Did you get the idea for inventing this while giving "legs out" to a backsliding student?

Blues,
Dave

It's here to satisfy the feeding of the OP's ego.

Yeah, I figured it was something along those lines. I probably should have included a smiley, because my entire point was to poke fun at you. :P:D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

YOU MEAN The easieast way would be to get some GPS Data from track dives and show them all non-believers:P:ph34r:

whatever, bring 'em all!

we could compare atmonauti to track to wingsuit with some fancy shmancy diagrams! I'm sure our rocketscience dreamteam: "kallend" and "vidiot" would come up with some jawdropping graphs, charts and dioramas which would proof or destroy the atmonuatis thesis' if we give them the GPS Data. C'mon it's easy to mount on your helmet.. I'm sure someone in italy or SA lends you his wintec or similar device...

This post is here to set in motion their self fullfilling prophecies they've created out of a neglect for attention as children growing up. By slapping a fancy name on something that's not much different than tracking, they have become the inventors of something and have reserved themselves a spot in history, but only for those who don't know any better.

As far as to why it's in the INSTRUCTORS forum, the explanation given is total bullshit. There is nothing that REAL instructors will have to learn or discuss about this so called discipline. It's in here for recognition and nothing more. Regarding exit order, it's not any different than tracking. The "automonauts" travel across the sky, endangering other groups that fall down the tube. So if yourselves as so called "automonauts" ( the most retarded term to come out of skydiving to this date) don't know where you should be in the exit order, you obviously have no right exercising such an awesome discipline. REAL instructors don't need to be educated by you dribbling on about lift and how different you are from tracking. REAL instructors have an established organization that provides documents and courses that determine how they should be instructing. Organizations that are recognized by everyone which took years of experience and knowledge to form. Your organization was formed by a few primadonnas and is only recognized by a minor few misguided youths. REAL instructors expect that you know where to be in the exit order and you will properly place yourselves there. It's not the job of REAL instructors to police you retards.

It's a shame that a forum like this one gets this kind of propaganda. Of course REAL instructors as myself could just pass over this garbage and look at threads that concern REAL instructors. I guess I like calling a spade a spade.

Feel free to throw your doodooami justifications at me, it's entertaining if nothing else.

Like Forrest Gumps mom said, "stupid is as stupid does." I have a feeling his mom knew about autmonani before anyone else did.

Friends don't let friends Atmonauti.

The "automonauts" travel across the sky, endangering other groups that fall down the tube

Yup, just like tracking and wingsuiting, thats why we've posted the safe flying exit/flight path/break-off sequences etc. They're there for everyones safety. Not just ours.

they have become the inventors of something

I havent invented anything bro, I just love what it offers me as a skydiver, and the opportunity to learn something new and dynamic.

so called "automonauts" (the most retarded term)

This term was coined almost 10 years ago, and refers to Atmosphere Navigators (Atmo Nauti)...

REAL instructors don't need to be educated

I think REAL instructors would beg to differ with your view that instructors should not be educated.

REAL instructors have an established organization that provides documents

Yup, you've said it yourself. Thats why these documents are there for everyone to peruse if they choose to do so. Safety was key when they were developed over the course of many years, and to date not one incident has been reported - now thats a good testimony of the practicality of the procedures document.

Your organization was formed by a few primadonnas

There is no organization, merely passionate freeflyers/FS/Wingsuiters who participate in this fabulous discipline.

It's not the job of REAL instructors to police you retards.

Ok now you're getting interestingly personal. Why dont you post your name, and dz on your profile for all to see mmm?

instructors don't need to be educated by you dribbling on about lift

If you read the posts you'll notice I/other 'atmonauts' havent been focusing on the lift properties (other than to answer questions posed), but rather what the inherent beauty of atmo is - extended freefall time, reduced ff speeds, ease of learning curve, sociable (large groups from different disciplines join in the same fun), the amazing dynamism and new skill set required to achieve the multitude of formations etc.

Now Id like to end off by saying this - post your name so all can see, add value, and STOP insulting the members of this community who are here to share there interests and their passions. Pursue atmo or dont, its up to you, but refrain from the slander bro. Alternatively, slander as much as you please, but state your name, your country, your dz.

No? I didnt think so.....:P
The Sky's Our Playground

man i really cannot believe the stupid debate that this brings again
Atmo or angled flight or whatever you call its just another way of enjoying free fall

If some people decide they like it, than let them do it
if somebody decides to have a license for it let them develop it, if fliers will find it useful the´ll go for it

what really bothers me is that most of the people that post regarding atmo never tried it, or at least never got it right
for me is a different way of having fun, i did atmo boogies and i loved them!!!

I thank everyone that tries to develop flying skills and they try to push forward they're knowledge regarding human flight, the rest is just bullcrap

Saw a video of a Tandem Atmo jump yesterday. No drogue but two other jumpers (in Atmo mode) had no problem keeping up with the fall rate. When the drogue was eventually deployed you noticed how it braked their forward speed considerably.

Was this a Tandem falling at 80 mph (vertical) without drogue? GPS data would be interesting indeed.
Dave

Fallschirmsport Marl

*** Saw a video of a Tandem Atmo jump yesterday. No drogue but two other jumpers (in Atmo mode) had no problem keeping up with the fall rate. When the drogue was eventually deployed you noticed how it braked their forward speed considerably.

Was this a Tandem falling at 80 mph (vertical) without drogue? GPS data would be interesting indeed.

Atmo tandem without drogue is truly amazing indeed. It is flying at greatly reduced ff speeds, and although not 80mph, 100mph/160kmh is common (with gps data etc). The distances traveled horizontally are quite impressive too.

It is very common for other atmonauts to join the fun, with docks being a common aspect of the navigation both in frontmo and backmonauti.:)

The Sky's Our Playground

***what really bothers me is that most of the people that post regarding atmo never tried it, or at least never got it right

Melushell...Glad to hear you're having fun with atmo...Hope to see you at more of the upcoming atmo boogies! ;)

The Sky's Our Playground

***what really bothers me is that most of the people that post regarding atmo never tried it, or at least never got it right

Melushell...Glad to hear you're having fun with atmo...Hope to see you at more of the upcoming atmo boogies! ;)

for sure man, PM me some event dates YEAHHH

Quit squirming! You have been designated the inventor and no amount of denial will get you out of it. Furthermore all problems with the form that arise will be assigned to you; you will be pilloried wherever you go for that.
YOU ARE the Olaf of atmonauti.

Another shot of the GodFather of the Atmo demonstrating the one handed Passadetubemonauti a requirement for the Navigator D.

I think you and Marco C.( and a few others out there) take this way too seriously. The whole ratings thing sounds like another version of the Dolphin ratings. Regardless of who invented it or invented a name for it, it is still a form of.......

Oh my dear Scott, How the tables have turned what if somebody challenged the wingsuit instructor program with this exact line of logic? The same wingsuit instructor program that JP Furnari himself invented years ago way back in Davis before you and Chuck took it and refined it into what it is today. Would you be defensive? Would you be as serious as our European readers are protective?

Relax our Euro cousins love doing the atmonauti, while we embrace JP Furnari's contributions in the form of the first wingsuit instructor program and the Furnarimonauti ( north american atmo navigation )

The same wingsuit instructor program that JP Furnari himself invented years ago way back in Davis before you and Chuck took it and refined it into what it is today.

Bastardo! :| You just made me split out a great glass of wine from laughing so damn hard! :D:D:D:D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Oh my dear Scott, How the tables have turned what if somebody challenged the wingsuit instructor program with this exact line of logic?

Apples and oranges. If you want to put things into perspective and on the same playing field, the wingsuit instructor program and the discipline would have to make absurd claims. Something along the lines of that flying a wingsuit is the same as flying an airplane and therefore we should have pilots licenses, that flying a wingsuit ISn't skydiving or that wingsuits aren't affected by the forces of gravity .... because it's fun. And anyone pointing out the obvious, such as the laws of gravity, the differences between an airplane and a wingsuit, basic physics,etc would be met with repetitive circular logic and deemed a party pooper.

I am disappointed though. I would have expected a far better cast from an accomplished angler such as your self. :P
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

If you want to put things into perspective and on the same playing field, the wingsuit instructor program and the discipline would have to make absurd claims.

Nothing absurd about the claim to being an extension of the groundwork laid down by JPF. JP posted this himself in the WS forum, Feb 22 2005 the tread is gone now though.