popsjumper

Rate the AFFI Course Directors

After seeing his "products" working, I am not sure I agree with you. AFF is NOT; "Hold on and Right them till deployment time", it is teaching and instructing BEFORE you board the plane.

Are you talking about Bram? If so, then I am surprised you said that. I have watched a few of the AFF course directors, and I think Bram is on the top of the game. Fair, honest, demanding, and educational. Ground preps, teaching before getting on the plane, and overall instructor quality were very important to him... I have seen some of the others teach, and I was less impressed.

I guess we all have our own opinions.

I think the post course performance of an Instructor is on the Instructor. In every school or course any one goes through, some one will pass, who, as soon as they are away from the "Persons of Authority" will get relaxed and just do the minimum.

Since this "product" is an inteligent design, once it is delivered it is on its own for right or wrong.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

I think the post course performance of an Instructor is on the Instructor. In every school or course any one goes through, some one will pass, who, as soon as they are away from the "Persons of Authority" will get relaxed and just do the minimum.

Since this "product" is an inteligent design, once it is delivered it is on its own for right or wrong.

Matt

Boy...you got THAT right.
The I/E can only do so much. If the newly-branded AFFI doesn't follow up with it, you can't blame the I/E.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The I/E can only do so much. If the newly-branded AFFI doesn't follow up with it, you can't blame the I/E.

Right. That's where the DZO, Chief Instructor, and S&TA come in. But all too often, the DZO is more interested in getting the load up than in getting a student properly trained. And if the CI, S&TA, and Instructor don't comply, they don't have their jobs for very long. Or at all.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Right. That's where the DZO, Chief Instructor, and S&TA come in. But all too often, the DZO is more interested in getting the load up than in getting a student properly trained. And if the CI, S&TA, and Instructor don't comply, they don't have their jobs for very long. Or at all.

If I understand this correctly, a new AFFI comes back and the S&TA or CI is responsible for the oversight of said new instructor? What if sub par candidates are coming back? Then we are there to retrain and mentor staff that shouldn't have been rated? Why not call it continued education and make up another rating. See: Is AFFI CC to easy thread.

I am surprised that Matt Kline would attend a course run by a SR/ASC Employee or did Matt not look at who Kip was partnered up with? Through all your rants and raves about how you don't like Skyride or ASC, you still give your money to someone who is in bed with the very companies that you crusade against! Is that hypocritical or what?

I think what you will find from most would be consistent. If an AFFI got the rating from IE Mr. X, then that IE is awsome. If an AFFI wanna be got denied the rating from IE Mr. Y, then that guy sucks. The most relevant data may not come from those of us that have only taken the course once. At the end of the day, they all should be following the same book. Find a personality that you jive well with and run with it. I've worked with several IEs and thought they were all great... just my 2 cents.
Door!.... wait, what are we doin again?

yea the same as AFF I/E's who had out "conditional aff ratings" based on bra size and blow job ability.

Mr. XXXXXXXX XXXXX

On behalf of myself and the Board thank you for your concern for the integrity of our Association.

Yes, we are very concerned that Mr. Lohmiller has damaged the sport and our Instructor Ratings
Course systems integrity with the charge of Oral Sex for a Pass in a course. Yes, We are looking in
to it and other complaints.

To answer your questions, if found to be true and not just a "rumor" to harm his reputation then,
yes, we will take disciplinary action. As to revoking Ratings we feel that it would only apply to
the I/E and not the Candidates who passed, but yes we see your point on them being potentially less
than capable.

We too agree that as an association we have been set up for great liability, but as of now it is a
few people speaking of a "rumor" and no one has come forward with an actual witness or any tangible
proof. You are well with in your rights to ask your Regional Director to follow up more and of
course go to another I/E for the ratings you may seek.

Thank You,
XXX XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Here's the thread I am quoting from, http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3806279;#3806279

I am surprised that Matt Kline would attend a course run by a SR/ASC Employee or did Matt not look at who Kip was partnered up with? Through all your rants and raves about how you don't like Skyride or ASC, you still give your money to someone who is in bed with the very companies that you crusade against! Is that hypocritical or what?

Simply because one is associated with ASC doesn't make one a villian and scumbag. I don't at all like what they do, but if the I/E was someone I recognized as "capable, trustworthy, knowledgeable" then I'd not care if they worked for ASC outside of their I/E work.
IMO, most of the I/E's out there are pretty fine people. There are only a couple out there I'd not recommend.