jgaley69

College Credit for Skydiving?

I was told not long ago that it can be done with a college and they would get 1 credit hour if they make the first jump? I've asked a regional director they didn't know? I've email the USPA haven't got response yet so if anyone out here knows, or can put me into contact with someone who does let me know:P
jgaley69
www.jumpelvis.com

We couldn't even get the administration to let the student government contribute to a field trip where students would do a tandem as part of a physics class. But they do all kinds of things for the rodeo club. I've watched some of the college rodeos and I'd rather jump out of an airplane than try to ride one of those damned bulls any day.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Ohio State University offers it, as far as I know they are the only college to do it. There is a series of classes you have to attend and a test to take to get the credit. The jump is optional since if you back out they will not fail you.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

And how. I saw one of my students get hung up and drug around a while. When I was talking to him about it later, he said it was nothing. The year before he had broken both arns. I think I'll stick to jumping out of planes.
"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

The last year that I was involved with this we actually had a second class approved. This was a 4-hour credit class that we could cater the cirriculum to what ever level their status was...IE:
Level 2-7
Obtaining a Coach's rating
ETC..

Pretty cool for a college class! We are currently trying to get something up and running at UF. (I am putting my personal feelings aside during this time!) :D ...but I hope they enjoy watching the game on Jan 7....

University of Illinois at Champaign has a Skydiving Club
the Falling Illini" and they have been active for years. I don't know if they get credit or not, but they came to the Convention forever, and are still going strong

Either of you two know how many credits either of these are worth?

Yeah thanks everyone for posting. I have some calls and emails in and waiting for responses. I am looking for 3 credits. My advisor made a miscalculation and I need 3 credits to graduate this semester and figured since I am gonna go for my Class A AFF after this semester anyway that hopefully I could get my 3 credits for that. Does not look like it but hopefully when some of the calls and emails return I will have a different answer

I was told not long ago that it can be done with a college and they would get 1 credit hour if they make the first jump? I've asked a regional director they didn't know? I've email the USPA haven't got response yet so if anyone out here knows, or can put me into contact with someone who does let me know:P

I hope no reputable college would do this.

Would Harvard allow it? I don't think so.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I hope no reputable college would do this.

Would Harvard allow it? I don't think so.

The university I attended allowed one freshman year physical education credit if you spent the semester bowling.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."