Allballs

Wingsuit Instructor requirements???

Do wingsuit Instructors have to be coach rated or Aff rated???
If not ,Why not??
Should Uspa introduce a Wingsuit instructor rating?

I do not know the requirements but it would seem to me that all of the factors in a wingsuit,ie new equipment, difficulty pulling and malfunction problems should require the new flyer be taught by someone who has proved themselves qualified.

If there's an actual rating recognized by the manufacturer, then the instructor, then it should be provided by the manufacturer.

Keep in mind, it's not a requirement to learn from an instructor.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Bird-Man requires that instructors hold a skydiving related rating or instructional background/ rating, a D license or other countries equivilent, along with a minimum of 100 wingsuit jumps to meet the prerequisites of attending the BMI course. The Bird-Man standardized instructor curriculum is a 2 day pass/fail, in air and on ground graded evaluation similar to the AFF course. Other manufacturers Instructor courses, while similar in some respects to the Bird-Man Instructor course, are not as stringent, have no written curriculum and in some cases have been as short as 30 minutes.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The Bird-Man standardized instructor curriculum is a 2 day pass/fail, in air and on ground graded evaluation similar to the AFF course. Other manufacturers Instructor courses, while similar in some respects to the Bird-Man Instructor course, are not as stringent, have no written curriculum and in some cases have been as short as 30 minutes.

And some birdman instructors were handed their ratings in a bar ------- lets not throw stones into the glass house

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

They don't have to be anything.

If not ,Why not??

Because on the whole wingsuit FFC student are not scared newbies getting thrown in at the deep end but capable, experienced skydivers. Also, wingsuiting really isn't rocket science.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

If there's an actual rating recognized by the manufacturer, then the instructor, then it should be provided by the manufacturer.

That was a fantastic typo....

Should read...

If there's an actual rating recognized by the manufacturer, ( and there is) then it should be provided by the manufacturer. (which it is)

My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Should Uspa introduce a Wingsuit instructor rating?

Yeah, that's what we need. Another reason for the USPA to get in our pockets for another $40.

Would you have a USPA freefly instructor rating too? And one for CRW and one for swooping?

If it's not broken, don't fix it. Not that many people are dying from wingsuits.

Is there any kind of currency requirement like there is with AFF, tandem, coach, etc?

I know a 'wingsuit instructor' who likes to brag about being one, but to my knowledge doesn't own one or ever jump one.

At this point in time, wingsuit instructor ratings are not part of the USPA's rating system,so no. Most people who pursue their Instructor rating from one of the manufacturers stay actively engaged in the discipline but there are those who obtain their rating and never train anyone or don't stay current despite having an instructor rating. Like any discipline in skydiving, currency and proper training is essential be it for an instructor or a student, there are no shortcuts or substitutes.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING