fugozzie

Are you a tandem master over 250?

I run 250 to 255 year round. I still actively do tandems. The only real problem is the baggy and super hot jumpsuit I have to wear when its a tandem with video to help the video guys out.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Seriously, do you keep an eye on your gross exit weight, to stay in the load limits of the gear?

Nope, screw it, it doesn't matter.

Geez, of course we do John. I make sure each one of my students is weighed and will be appropriate for the gear's limit. All it takes is once for manifest to forget to weigh one of your students and you end up with a 245lbs guy that you meet as you get into the plane on a back to back to back (that also doesn't look like he weighs that much). Well one sonic boom and a 200ft swoop on a tandem later we were ok and I never again trusted manifest to weigh my students.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Crap, I weigh 175 w/o gear. You guys keep getting all the little girls and I gotta take the big boys.:S>:(:D

Seriously, do you keep an eye on your gross exit weight, to stay in the load limits of the gear?

Absolutely. We have a balance beam scale, and I weigh the ones who look bigger than their "stated" weight. The average "lie" is about 15-20 pounds. :S I have no problems taking 500 pounds. At the end of the day I even let them help me flare.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

You thinking of being a TM, Jim? That's way cool.

Mitch, an AFFI/TM at VSA, is an ex-Navy SEAL and built like a TANK. Maybe not quite as tall as you, but definitely as heavy - he's solid muscle. There's TM at SGC here in Ohio who is about your size. I can think of at least a couple of other TM's are in the same weight range.

You should go for it! You'd be a great instructor of any kind. When it comes to jumping, you're one of the most thoughtful, heads-up, safety-conscious people I know. Maybe not so much when it comes to bonfires... or golf carts... or decoy deer... but that's another issue...;)

Hugs to all at CPI.

May the (relative) wind take your troubles away...