PhreeZone

How much training do you give for refreshers?

How much training do you give for different levels of refreshers? If someone with a C licence and a few hundred jumps hasn't jumped in a 6 months to a year exactly what do you cover with them? How about if someone with a D and 500+ jumps hasn't jumped in 2-3 years?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

As much as they need...all depends on the individual.

edit - That was a little vague, even for me. For refreshers I have them go over everything, but they tell it to me...not me telling them stuff they already learned sometime in the past. If they know everything and can demonstrate it without flaw the training can take as little as 15 minutes. If they have fuzzy areas we go over those areas until they are clear, and I've had refreshers like that take over 2 hours to train.
Miami

Likewise. For me, it's all about the "feel" I get when I talk to a guy. What his logbook says. How familiar he is with modern equipment. Depending on actual jump experience, I go over a fairly comprehensive list of "must know/must do" subjects. I progress as quickly as the person needing the refresher can regurgitate the info. I make them sit through a malfunction tape, put them in the training harness, discuss and rehearse the dive flow (which changes depending on experience), and then take them up. If they are fucked up in the air, then I put my AFF skills to use and I help them recover. If they are immediately flying with confidence then I will have them do practice touches, right and left turns, fly over and dock, then I will be there for them on their main side at pull-time "just in case". I always have them dump high to get comfortable with flying a canopy again. I will also, in some cases where I think it's warranted, put a radio on them.

Chuck

Hey Erk
what would you do for the following scenario?
Jumper has approx 2000 jumps over 20yrs. Has not jumped in 10 months. Expired AFF and static line ratings. "knows it all" ;)

Foggy

Obviously an FJC canidate.:P:):D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

we do the same as Chuck and Miami, but well may also make a low time jumper sit the "A" exam again too
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?