Para5-0

Course Director / Instructor Examiner

Does the CD have the same authority as a IE for a verifying signature.
I cant seem to get this answered.
The USPA renewal forms only allow for a I/E signature. Is this because they have not caught up with it? I do know that IE's are no longer being issued by USPA.
Any thoughts?

USPA rating renewal form may be sign by a S&TA, IE, and BOD. (Did some checking TCD can varify the Tandem renewal form, and a BOD is the only one who can varify the IE).

An IE generally have the same power as the S&TA and that is why you see it on renewal and license forms. Now for your information if there is a disagreement between and IE and S&TA, the S&TA has the final word.

The IE from what I can remember, reading in an S&TA newsletter, is that the USPA was going to revamp the IE rating, the last of all the rating to be done. Revamped in what way I don’t know.
Memento Mori

I understand that there are about 40 of us leftin the US. That is ...currently rated USPA Instructor/Examiners.
It is interesting, I have observed the same logical position concerning a college degree. A group of non-gratuates sitting around discounting the value,...deciding that having a degree is really not necessary...

I understand that there are about 40 of us leftin the US. That is ...currently rated USPA Instructor/Examiners.
It is interesting, I have observed the same logical position concerning a college degree. A group of non-gratuates sitting around discounting the value,...deciding that having a degree is really not necessary...

Using that analogy, the colleges (USPA) have decided to no longer offer degrees to anyone who doesn't already have one.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

you are right, it was not a perfect analogy.

I am dissapointed on the position of the USPA Board concerning this topic. While S&TA and CD too (I believe) are APPOINTMENTS, the I/E is a RATING.
It is earned,not given.
The times have changed, and with multiple instructional disaplines, so must the ratings change to keep up.
Personally, I worked hard for years to become an I/E, by comparison, my Tandem rating took a day, and my AFF rating a week.

I think the real problem is there is nobody left around that is smart enough to make a new test!

I am on your side, beleive me. I actually had filled out the IE Prof. Card and submitted it to find out it was no longer given, couple years ago. That would be like going to the classes and accumulating the credits for a college degree and them saying sorry, no longer issued. Fine, sour grapes. I repect the rating and continued on to get a CD rating. I am just wondering why it is not comparable when endorsing currency year to year? If a I.E. (who deserves the respect can endorse, why cant a CD endorse? or fine do away with IE but give a comparable rating to acheive.

Please forgive my ignorance, but isn't a Course Director appointed? just like an S& TA is?

I think that ratings document, and are accepted as proof; that the candidate posesses the qualities that would lead to a successfull appointment.
;)
My hang up is Appointment = Politics (subjective)
Ratings = Minimum Standards (objective).

My history goes... I was an S&TA (early 90s') for a DZ here in LV, then moved to a different DZ here in LV and lost my appointment. I decided to become an I/E because it wouldn't be taken away from me.:S

As I read here somewhere...Its not about the rules, it is about helping people... or something like that.
JK