BillSchram

Tandem landing

Feet up in front, safest option is to slide, will tell them to run or stand if safe to do so!! With clients that are physically challenged (i.e no stomach muscles/ fat ) I get them to hold onto the harness and use their arms to assist getting their feet up ( Pull up style) Worked so far.

I teach students to put feet out front, toes pointed up,knees bent and lean back against the instructor.
The instructors heels should hit first then the students and then lean back as the feet slide out front and plan on sitting down.
If the instructor says stand up and they wish to stand up,then stand up,but never reach for the ground with the legs. Always keep the feet and knees close together,knees bent slightly and toes pointed up.

I never liked the stiff legs in front trick. We had both student and TI almost pole -vaulting until her legs collapsed. I tell mine its like coming up a chair lift. Keep your heels down toes up thighs horizontal. , heels forward of the knees You wouldnt let the tips of your ski's down and flop youout of the chair. If its stand-up time "it.s like coming off an escalator .step off you wouldnt lock both feet on the step as it disapears into the floor. I got where i rated the jump by the putting on the frappe hat . If they are baffled by that the jump might not get better. Now its all about make it work Just some thoughts

Lift your legs, keep them slightly bent, grab your knees*), make sure you see your toes.
"I might say STAND UP - but if I don't you 'll just slide in..."

*) Actually, that's what I tell them the grips on their legs are for. No one ever asks why there are also grips on their arms..hehehe... :P

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

I tell them knees to chest feet forward,tell them to use their hands to pull knees up if needed and keep that possition until I say relax or stand up.They are out the way you fly...slide it ,stand it,run it, you decide.Seen to many tandem landing cartwheels,looks uncool and people get hurt.
TQ
I am me and you are you, so deal with it!!!
www.skydivepe.com