piisfish

AFFI's.. would you let it go sooo far ?

That's why the more it goes the more I think it's B.S.
Nobody in that forum has said something about how bad the instructors would have been to let the dude get so far. Just about every post has got a comment on how funny it is and a smiley face. I'm a little confused.
Fish can you chime in there (if you want to)? For some reason the administrator still hasn't authorized me and I can't log in. Not that I want to stir, just that I still think this was very possibly staged.

Please re-read, ask the people there via PM or something... Seems that the guy even got hurt on landing (landing out) for his french B license. There's apparently no BS in there...

Look at the profiles of the people posting. They are having fun of their friend who started with them etc etc...
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I would not let it go that far, although the student did appear to have an unusual amount of control on his back. I have seen students go from a really great job, to the next jump completely sucking. I have also seen students take 7 jumps to get past Cat B and then kick ass on the rest of their levels. Just roll the guy over for god's sake and finish the skydive!! B|

Please re-read, ask the people there via PM or something... Seems that the guy even got hurt on landing (landing out) for his french B license. There's apparently no BS in there...

Yes I have. Can't PM because I am still not authorized for some reason. Have sent an Email to Zun to get more info.

Look at the profiles of the people posting. They are having fun of their friend who started with them etc etc...

Sure, and what worries me is that while everybody finds it funny, no one is ringing any alarm bells.
Any way, will wait on Zun's reply for the whole story. There has to be more to it. Also, I have nowhere near enough experience to question an instructors doings but I am still curious as to what is going on there and how this guy was allowed to get so far in his progression while sucking so much in freefall...
The bums will never win Lebowski, the bums will never win!
Enfin j'ai trouvé:
Bieeeen

Anyone notice the 'student' stopping a turn quickly on instructor heading... before flipping out a peace sign at 1:36 - maybe semi-experienced skydiver messing with instructors at another DZ. If not just a practice/eval jump

You guys seem to think this is unusual behavior for a student. How do you know this is not an alternative training method from AFF. It could be like what they do in Spaceland and go single instructor from the first skydive. What is unusual is the instructors lack of action. Those of you looking forward to being an instructor and can't comprehend a student like this, you better think again and learn to not be like this instructor. Real or not, it doesn't matter.

They must be practice eval dives...

NOT, unfortunately...

Are you 100% certain?

If so, then all you canadiates wanting to become Solo Freefall Instructors better have your flying skills down. I had to wait 2 full years to make my first save so be ready because when the shit hits the fan - you get the idea...

-
Mykel AFF-I10
Skydiving Priorities: 1) Open Canopy. 2) Land Safely. 3) Don’t hurt anyone. 4) Repeat…

Anyone notice the 'student' stopping a turn quickly on instructor heading... before flipping out a peace sign at 1:36 - maybe semi-experienced skydiver messing with instructors at another DZ. If not just a practice/eval jump

Yes. And he's defintitely stable before very deliberately flipping over on his back at 1:41. That move was no accident.

Having said that, I might be persuaded to believe it (at 1:41) was maybe an AFF-7 trying, poorly, to do a barrel roll (or something).

Another reason I doubt its an evaluator is the instructor clearly grabs and hangs on to the lower arm of the student for control. I have never met an evaluator yet that would let that go without rolling on their back. Even though they tell you that it will always roll a student, I have seen otherwise in my limited experience.

Another reason I doubt its an evaluator

Just to be clear, I never thought it was actually an evaluator. I suspect it is someone trying to play bad student. The evaluators I have seen (which haven't been all that many) would never waste that much time waiting for a candidate to do something. The learning curve is on pause so I believe they would either start something different to get some use out of the jump or would start to spin to show why it is not okay to be a spectator. I just don't believe it is a student and a rating holding instructor. Not by our standards anyway. I can't speak for other countries any more than I can read the comments on their message boards.
Just my .02
"... this ain't a Nerf world."