NSEMN8R

Does your DZ have a scale?

the problem i have with this whole discussion is the inference that my DZ is not "respectable" because we charge a fee for those folks that exceed 200 lbs, also to the inference that TI's consider tandem passenger as meat

-we are a full time DZ staffed with professionals
-we do not discriminate - deny or provide a lesser level of service based on cuteness, hair length, # of body piercings, size, age, sex, race or anything else
-we do not treat our customers as meat, each and everyone one of them receives the best service we can provide, our return rate and referrals are very high

the reality is that price differentiation occurs with almost all consumer products, it is called marketing, and each business decides how to market and price their product, the consumer can then decide if they want to purchase the product, i agree that skydiving is a little different in that there is not a DZ on every corner but the consumer still has a choice, i drove 3.5 hours to buy a Ford in Atlanta - why - because 10+ other dealers that were closer would not give me what I wanted at the price i was willing to pay, i had a choice and i exercised it

in my "real" job i am in the customer service business and have always worked hard to earn the highest marks from my customers, i enjoy training the tandem class and jumping with students, interestingly i have never heard anyone complain about the higher price

i can see and understand packerboy's opinion, i just happen to disagree
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

i can see and understand packerboy's opinion, i just happen to disagree.

As do I...And here's why.

Being a basic / average TM requires a certain amount of effort / work.

Handling larger people makes even MORE work, I think we all agree on this....

If handling the basic / average student pays "X", then since I'm doing MORE work to jump a 'hunk' I should be paid accordingly.

For example packerboy, say I offer you a job at the DZ, 'cleaning up' and we agree you will be paid 50 dollars a day for this job, For 5 days, you swept out the hangar and took out the trash, cleaned the restrooms...then hung out the rest of the day.

BUT today I want you to paint the three hangars blue, and sweep them out, take out the trash, clean the head...

Would you be happy about your 50 bucks?

I mean no one bats an eye when the post office charges more to ship a bigger / heavier box...it takes more work, more effort, incures a 'fat tax' or it won't get shipped.

I do understand the point you are making P.B.~

But as someone suggested, about 4 in the afternoon, strapping Sumo #8 on yer belly and looking over at another TM with 'Twiggy' hanging from their hooks...gives you a whole new insight as to WHY you deserve a little sumpthin somethin for the 'extra' effort.;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~