rhys

1st tandem chop!

hi all,

i had my first tandem chop on saturday, my fiance packed it too!:|

it was a nice lineover that looked like a beautifl butterfly!

i tried to clear it but is started to rotate pretty quick once i released the brake.

i had a handcam on. that didn't phase me only got footage of the risers though and a quick shot of my concerned looking face:D.

the cutaway was easy and i was a little on my right side so stuck out my left hand for a little stability and a frction before i pulled the reserve the RSL had taken care of business.

nice opening (fast but not hard) on the vector reserve, heavier togglr preasure and nice flare and soft landing.

my next dz has sky hooks so maybe i'll get to try those. but (touch wood) i hope i don't have to.

my fiance will be packing sometimes though:D:D:|
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

you know it! i'll bring some in from duty free!

cheers for organising the marmite, it will be our maleria medicine, mozzies hate that shit in thier blood!

oh yeah you know leigh will be doing some packing for you too eh!;):D:|
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

you had 3 in the last two days??????,

who the fuck is packing?

Leigh is already in africa, im not there until oct 1.

she did a jump from a microlight and we are gettin free fun jumps when slots are available, which is when we are available conidering there is 2 tm's and 1 camera gal, and a 182!

our new chopper arrived yesyerday, it is a near new eurocopter (the ones with the inboard tail rotors,)

can't wait to jump that one!

are you gettin a vx still or jvx?

I have had 13 since I started in85 out of 2500 .I had back to back only once. If you have a large person no wind hot you know all the bestthings. I found you can have them put their hands in the reserve toggles. You can then put your hands over the top with the lines between your middle and ring fingers and push down together. We have PD tandem reserves they are great. the HI Lifter was a nuisance. I only had one guy go beserk all the otherssaid wow I got two freefalls attitude.I hope this helps..

Congrats!

I had my first last thursday on my 9th training jump, 1 jump before my tandemmaster exam... :) Lol, it was the first reserve ever for my passenger (experienced jumper). He's a senior rigger and never used a reserve.. :D Now he did... I wonder if it was his packjob btw...

It was the famous line over on the EZ, tried to "pump it out" with the steeringline but it was almost on the center cell. Could stop the turn, but was not interested in landing it... :D So choped it. (almost forgot to peel reserve, but the force needed to pull it reminded me.... :$ ) Very ackward feeling, falling straight down, like a balloon jump. And thought the RSL would activate the reserve a lot sooner, but probably took some time because it was a low speed mal. Also it's very handy to have an experienced (though I think you were a bit scared (if you read this.. ;) ) passenger when you have your hands full of handles... :P
The trouble with skydiving; If you stink at it and continue to jump, you'll die. If you're good at it and continue to jump, you'll see a lot of friends die...

Cant believe they let you do tandems hahhahaha or Scotty as well,

funny you say that because they(jonsey) didn't, i got my rating with scoff in australia and i'm in Norway now. it was an e.z.

USPA

mine was a famous EZ lineover too, i tried to pump mine out but it just span up as soon as i released the brake.

spudy

I'm sure it was a conspiracy
:D

I dunno? i know there are two designs of EZ, the one i am using at the moment is of the newer design and opens a bit slower. i do not know if the newer or older design have any more chance of malfunction but i havn't had a hard opening on the one i am jumping.

i was told that flat packing them helps too but i am pro packing this one. proper ram-air orientation seems better than packing an off heading opening to me.

I'll be on Sigma conopies next week though at my new DZ