MikeFB2764

Good Idea? Bad Idea?

Yet again more speculation! The fact of the matter is he was asked to stop only once by a regional director and he stopped immediately! That was three months ago.

Now there is no more need for furthur speculations on this subject!

...and that goes for you too as well Ron

I have information from several independent sources that say otherwise. I'm sorry if you don't like what I am saying, but I have a few people I trust telling me the opposite of what you are telling me. Who are you anyway? No profile and no name....And only posting to this thread.

So I have people I know and trust telling me one thing, and someone who I don't know and posts anonymously saying another....In my place, who would you trust?

Now to complicate matters, I know Jacko a little and like the guy. From my limited experience with him he seems not the type....But I have been wrong before reference my ex-wife:P.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I understand the lack of trust considering you do not know me. I work at CSC.

I have read the most ridiculous "facts" from people posting on this forum. I think there is maybe 10% truth in this entire 14 page thread.

The truth of the matter is...Yes Jacko got a phone call from a Regional Director, and yes he stopped that very second...END OF STORY!

I am sick of people stating on here how they "know" the facts when in all actuality there are very few people on here posting the real facts.

the petition asks for all his ratings back

AFF...Fine, but I am not sure about Tandem. And that would keep me from signing any petition.

Me too. I'm cool with the AFF and USPA membership being reinstated, but think the tandem rating should probably be withheld for a year or so. If USPA has failed to act or not punished appropriately in past instances, that doesn't mean they shouldn't in this one. Life isn't fair and the fact that one person or another gets away with something doesn't mean everyone should. If Jacko (versus "concerned friends") is using such an excuse, that speaks to the attitude thing Ron referred to much earlier in the thread, or at least it does in my mind.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

That is why I put an IF in the sentence.
And I agree with Ron about posting without telling people who you are.
If you work there what do you have to hide for.
All most of us want is to know the truth.
Or as close as some of us can come...
And barring that we might as well make up stuff;)
What is all the secrecy about?
lt
tom #90 #54 #08 and now #5 with a Bronze :-)

even if there is only 10% truth it still needed to be adressed and i'm glad it was - i've taken the heat from jacko on my opinion are you afraid of taking a little heat ? i do think if you want your opinion to count we should at least know your qualifications for your opinion - do you work behind the window at manifest and just standing up for jacko or do you have qualified experience as an instructor and actually know what can happen on a tandem - yes you are right when you said jacko stopped but this issue goes deeper than jacko - i know there are more ti's doing stuff that may lead to deaths and injuries that needs to be set straight - this thread helps get these things corrected and if it saves one life it was worth it - unfortunatly if it does save a life we will never know all we will know is that there isn't an incedent report

Are this guys employers standing behind him at all or just hanging him out to dry? The TI wasn't the only one in the know who made the poor decision to let it happen.

Are DZO's at all responsible for knowingly letting people (their employees even) do stupid dangerous things on their dropzone? Or do they reserve the right to take two steps backwards and disappear into the shadows when someone gets themself into shit doing something considered totally acceptable?

I think everyone has to take a step back and look at the big picture. Taking the guys TI rating for a year or two is obviously going to have a massive impact on him.. this is his livelihood, much more is cruel and unusual punishment for his misdoings.

Who is responsible for a class full of unruly misguided students, the students or the teacher?

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson

I'm not writing on this thread to punish anyone. I'm simply responding to a friends post in agreement. I must say however that seeing what he has done made my jaw drop in disbelief. After all the tandem stuff over the last year,he gets taped flying outside the industries parameters for what is still considered a student skydive.

em in a ridiculous googling my own name stunt with some buddies i came across a link to here....as i was one of the ppl who had jacko as my instructor in csc for my1st tandem. and your right. my videos crap. and pretty embarassing, 2 of my friends went2 and theire people just did the normal stuff+they loook like theyre havin a great time!!i just look really scared+out of control.i was PETRIFIED cuz i really did feel like i was bobbing all over the place+ he did that side thingy+i felt like i was slipping out. ok i have no idea about the actual dangers of what he does, but i paid lots of money for the dive+video and i just felt really frightened....and i dont even show anyvody the video nemore cuz they laugh. he seemed like an alright guy, but now i see the stuff he was doing was actually DANGEROUS???what the fuck, thats so out of order. i had no idea+now i feel sickened

I heard from two different sources today that there are new developments in this situation. As promised, I have unlocked the thread so that they can be discussed.

Please try and keep new discussion relevant to the progress of the situation and not just repeating more of the same.

Thanks! B|
Arrive Safely

John