FreeflyKiwi

Another NEW TI

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share my first three weeks as a TI with all you guys.

In the three weeks I have done 82 paid Tandems which has blown me away.

On my first weekend I did 15 on Saturday, after the 5th tandem I was feeling ok but not really mentally prepared to handle that kind of work load, the day rolled on and before I new it the sun had set and I was holding a beer, it gets blurry from there.

-I have taken a naked tandem (didnt do anything for me but hey whatever she wanted),
- I have been Puked on under canopy (opps, gotta watch those spirals)
-Taken for a bit of a ride from a 90p girl (not a big deal but supprised me)
-Landed a mile off the dropzone, being blown backwards with a 100p girl
-Had a lady cry all the way up in the plane, all the way down in freefall and you guessed it all the way under canopy.
-And last but not least taken a reporter from the New Jersey Herald for a skydive last Monday and got my ugly mug on the front page of the sports section.

The team at Sussex NJ have been great welcoming a brand new Instructor to the team (thanks guys)

I have found the New Tandem I posts helpful and will continue to learn on my quest to become a great instructor.

Taking people for there first skydive gives me a real buzz and I hope I can continue for a long time to come.

Thanks for reading
Dale

two time New Zealand gumboot throwing champ.

Congrats, Dale. Glad you're having fun at Sussex, and the whole Finger Lakes crew enjoyed hearing from you the other night at Batavia. Hopefully some of us will make it down your way before the end of the summer. Are you doing mostly tandems now, or are you still doing some video too? See ya soon,

Lance

please tell me the chick was nekkid - not you....... :S

dammit I've got to go look at some roadkill just to get that picture outa my head
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?