GreenMachine

Ever Had A Passenger Get Sick?

I'm sorry this was such an intriguing subject I had to read. First of all VERY FUNNY stories! 2nd, I've done about 8 tandem jumps (as a passenger), and I'm not sure if Ive eaten before them or not. But most times jumping now I don't eat all day when I'm jumping. Partly its cause I'm busy and my body gets distracted with fun and forgets to get hungry, and partly because my stomach feels better jumping empty then, full. So my point, oh yeah, Why is it that not eating makes them puke? What does eating have to do with it? Is it like build up of acid, due to stress of jumping or something like that?

Muff Brother 3723

Skydiving creates fear
Fear creates adrenaline
Adrenaline burns through blood sugar very rapidly.
Then the body goes looking in the stomach for more blood sugar.
If the stomach is empty, it gets confused and vomits out what little it contains, usually only bile and digestive juices.

This past weekend, I had a young woman who started
to convulse under canopy. I immediately told her to
concentrate on slowly breathing in and out. Then, kept
on talking to her so that she would have something
else to focus on. It worked that time and when we
landed, she said she felt fine. I do think I'll start
taking a bag along --- just in case!

I've had a few decide they wanted to share their last meal with me (under canpoy) and have yet to have them spill any of their processed meal on me. As soon as I'm aware that they are not feeling well, I tell the student to turn their head to the left. Then, keeping my left arm elevated (still holding the left toggle), I push the student to my left, pressing against their right shoulder with my right hand. This moves them to the left just enough to ensure anything that comes up will go flying right past me and not get any on the equipment. I just keep pushing them to my left until the puking has stopped or I am near 1000 ft. Once at 1000 ft, I no longer push against them to ensure I am able to steer with both hands. I just keep telling them to keep their head turned to the left and to try to lean more to the left. It has worked so far (knock on wood).
WhoreMonkey