CMiller

AFF return rate

I really can't answer that question. A lot of the people that jump at suffolk are in the Navy and are relocated all the time. As for the one that i have signed off for their A license almost all of them still jump. I make it at point to jump with them once they have their license to continue their education plus personally I like to see how far they have progressed over time.

At our DZ a lot of the instructors will put together 2 ways and 4 ways with people with low jumps and basically act as a coach for them. That really helps retention. :)

The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.

out of interest how many of that 10 - 20% who get an A licence do you think actually carry on with sport and dont dissapear with little more than a licence to show of to their friends?

If that's what they want....

but I'd be surprised if many people quit right after they got the license. Jumps are very cheap at this point, relatively speaking, and most of the restrictions are removed.

Its really good that you do follow up for your ex students. i know that if i had an instructor, or anybody with more experience, helping me along and helping me sort out some 2/4 way jumps... i would progress much quicker than i have been.

I just wondered if anybody had any guestimates because i know of a lot of people who have drifted away very early on after getting their A licence, if not straight away then before jump 100.
I can understand people doing one or two an deciding its not for them but to spend so much money getting licenced to just quit i cant understand

we do about 275 AFF Level 1's each year, and about 80 Level 7's, so about 1 in 3 finish. We are starting a newer tracking system using ACT software to try and follow-up with those that drop out and try to keep them coming out to play before they too uncurrent