shwagdaddy

Any Advice For New TI?

Well, for starters, you can look at this thread to save us all time in replying! ;)

Next, be prepared to work very hard.

Finally, assume that you'll scare yourself shitless at least once in your first 50 tandems. But hang in there, as it's one of the most rewarding things I've ever done. Good Luck!

Mike
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

I need/want all the advice I can get!

Edited by slotperfect: Some time from now, if someone does a forum search for this topic and finds this thread, they may not understand the context of your reply - albeit quite witty! :D I think it's best if I take it out so nobody takes your comment literally.

B| :)

(Other than that, learn how to use the search feature on the bottom of this page you are looking at Search for "new TI"...)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

I just recently got my Tandem rating(s) and the best thing that I did to prepare was pick the best TI you can find and follow him out the door a bunch of times. I learned a LOT about exiting (thanks Brett) and hook ups etc.
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I Dunno, somehow I DO like the enigma which is created ... :D:D:D, especially for future forum searchers....

Of topic:
:):(
:PB|:$
:):S>:(
:o:D[:/]
:|:ph34r:B|

I desperatly NEED [ironic]...

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

Oh how the first 100 are a bitch!

CHECK CHECK CHECK everything you do and get into a groove whereby you do the same thing EVERY jump from gear up to gear off. (A ROUTINE!)

Don't EVER get "used to" being a tm. SHIT DOES HAPPEN WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT TRUST ME!!

"Now I just need to do 10,000 more tandems to have a "normal" record!!!

BSBD!! -Mark.

"A Scar is just a Tattoo with a story!!!"

-It's not your skydive, don't take away from the students experience or attention by your selfishness.
B|

You know, I've been thinking here Mr. Hand. If I'm skydiving, and they're skydiving, doesn't that make it OUR skydive? :P

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You know, I've been thinking here Mr. Hand. If I'm skydiving, and they're skydiving, doesn't that make it OUR skydive? :P

Nope, they're buying the skydive and the camera. It's their jump. :P

I agree with Sebazz. As well as all the technical safety stuff, be respectful and make them comfortable. In the long run, your job will be easier with a calm, relaxed student.

Nope, they're buying the skydive and the camera. It's their jump. :P

I agree with Sebazz. As well as all the technical safety stuff, be respectful and make them comfortable. In the long run, your job will be easier with a calm, relaxed student.

I agree. It was a poor attempt at a joke ala Fast Times at Ridgemont High. :P

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I'm a newb, only 567 tandems. (I'm mainly an AFF guy.) Ellen B., whom is a TI did a lot of video of my early jumps. She told me to fly myself and not worry about fixing the student. It's improved my tandem flying a lot. I had a 70 year old guy whose knees were up in his chest, and "we" flew fine. He tipped really well, too! Arch!

I've actually started telling my students during their briefing that we're going to be partners for the next 30-45 minutes. ;) I'll handle the hard stuff, their job is to relax, remember to do what I tell them, stay aware, and have fun. Seems to get them a little more involved and interested! Haven't noticed any better body positions, though...:)
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash