jumpnaked69

Wind-tunnel training for AFF course at Skyventure Colorado

Tonight tdog and I did some AFF-I pretraining with Brad Cole and Chris (fill in last name here if you know it) at Skyventure Colorado. We worked on spin-stops, roll-overs, slot-flying, fall rate, and the bottom end sequence (aka the 8 second dance). We had a blast and learned a ton. I really love that tunnel and I highly recommend both guys as great AFF coaches. They both have a ton of AFF experience so if you're looking to get your rating, work on some of those skills with them in there. I'll let you know how the course goes--it's next month at Z-hills with Bram.

Alan

They both have a ton of AFF experience so if you're looking to get your rating, work on some of those skills with them in there.

Who were the Instructors you were flying with that have a ton of AFF experience?

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Who were the Instructors you were flying with that have a ton of AFF experience?

From his post:

"Tonight tdog and I did some AFF-I pretraining with Brad Cole and Chris [Gray] (fill in last name here if you know it) at Skyventure Colorado."

All but one of the SVCO tunnel rats are (or in my case, was an AFFI/E) AFFI's.

Derek

Tonight tdog and I did some AFF-I pretraining with Brad Cole and Chris .....
Alan

I agree... I owe Brad one - because his suit did not have grippers and was pretty tight since he still had to be dressed as a tunnel instructor for the other people flying...

I rolled him over probably 50 times, and each time I am sure I got some skin, as I just could not get enough fabric in my hand...>:( I am thankful he kept doing it with a smile and offering in any way he can to help out... Sorry Brad for the pain.

My favorite skill he worked on with me, was flying my slot ungripped, while doing the bottom end dance (giving the pull sequence), while carving up around the tunnel quite quickly... It was fun to go up from the net to above the glass, while carving around the tunnel, while giving the pull signal, while taking a dock and assisting with the pull... Had to use my legs to do all the work.

Just awesome experiences... Lots of confidence boosting...

Another one, how to do a roll over in the middle of the bottom end and adapt to a unplanned event... Or a roll over after a spin stop. Or three roll overs in a row... Or a roll over where the student just does not want to roll...

Thanks guys... I would highly recommend this tunnel as a place to learn to be an AFFI...

I would highly recommend this tunnel as a place to learn to be an AFFI...

As a supplement, yes. However you cannot substitute real work-up jump. eg. exits, exit count, tumbling exits, maneuver flying, major separation, and the 8 second dance on carving, backsliding "student."

I could have used it prior to my course in the areas which you mentioned. Slot flying was one of them, spin stops, and roll overs another. 2:30 is a lot more to get out of a "dive" than :50, though.

Ask JP. His AFFIRC partner was a 4way/tunnel rat.

2:30 is a lot more to get out of a "dive" than :50, though.

I'd be freaking exhausted! During my course, I remember something in the back of my head on almost every jump whispering "Jeezus are we about done yet??!", and thinking during the track-off's "Whew, it's finally over!" :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)