flyer299

Tandem Malfunction - Video all Tandem masters needs to see!

If you call RW they will custom size housing for the secondary drouge release. We use Vector Tandems and I got 22 inch housing for our rigs and tacked them into place so that the handle for our Vectors are in the same place as it is found on the Sigma. That is a quick, easy and permanent solution.

There was talk that he should have gone straight to the reserve without releasing the drogue. We all agreed that there was no way the TI could know exactly what was going on tho. I just wonder what the video would have looked like with a reserve and an inflated drogue playing together? Anyone have experince with that?

I do. My one and only tandem reserve ride was a total with drogue in tow. After attempting, unsuccessfully, to pull both drogue releases and the cutaway, my only choice was to fire my reserve right into the drogue. It opened fine.

What do other TI's do with that housing to keep it out of the way?

On older Vector II tandems, and any other rig where you can move the drogue releases around, I make it a point to feed the excess cable housing back up into the rig. I do this at least two times on every skydive:

-when I first put the rig on
-right as I get up and start moving to the door

Paul Rafferty taught me that when he put me through the course

Chuck

If you call RW they will custom size housing for the secondary drouge release. We use Vector Tandems and I got 22 inch housing for our rigs and tacked them into place so that the handle for our Vectors are in the same place as it is found on the Sigma. That is a quick, easy and permanent solution.
"Why tiptoe thru life only to safely arrive at death

Can you send me pcitures of how you did this? I've asked our riggers to do this before and they have told me it wouldn't be as easy as it sounds.