artistcalledian

Students, and lifes little accidents

I was doing a jump with a guy with 100 or so jumps who wanted some help sitflying. When we got down from the jump I asked him if he was ready to go and debrief. He quite openly said in front of everyone, "Give me a min, I had a hard opening and shat myself." We all asked what was so bad about it to shake him up so bad, thinking he just got freaked out. He then told us it wasnt that bad - just a hard opening, he needed to go before he got on the plane + he had actually crapped his pants!
He was a brit military guy and came back in about 10 mins to debrief and we carried on jumping.
Not really that helpful - but everyone found it funny, including the guy it happened to.

Any of you instructors ever had a student shit their pants due to fear? either in the plane or during freefall?

Nope. But if you did, don't worry about it.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Lets not forget this little gem ;)Not exactly fear induced, but the instructors aren't out of the clear either

Most embarrassing moment in freefall or at a dropzone:I was skysurfing into a demo back 1991 and my main (a monarch 135) opened so hard I shit myself. I was barely conscious, landed, shucked the board, then walked straight to a porta-potty where I promptly cleaned up and disposed of my undies. Nice, huh?
Life is not fair and there are no guarantees...