Rewant

How much time and money it takes to become a tandem instructor???

Thousands of dollars in medical treatment and physical therapy when your shoulders and knees go south after a thousand or so tandems. It's the Cessnas and the fat chicks man, stay away from 'em. On second thought, forget the whole tandem idea. It'll fuck up your skydiving life for slave wages....and this world has about twice to0 many 'tandem instructors' as it is.

Brett
"It's only arrogance if you can't back it up"

Tandem ratings, well lets break it down, your milage may vary on who teaches your course

1 coach rating 150.00 instructor fee and a minimum of 4 slots (2 jumps you and the evaluator)

1. FAA medical physical 80.00

1 instructor fee for the tandem evaluator, gear rental, and 19 slots around 1000.00

I think thats a pretty close estimation.

Don't forget you have to have a minimum of 500 jumps and three years in the sport to get your rating. Also depending on which manufactures rating you are getting you have to have at least one cutaway.

Maybe you can work something out with your dz? I got a Strong rating in '03 and it cost me about $300 with the medical and everything. The dz covered the slots and gear, but I had to commit to doing at least 100 of them. If I wanted to quit early I would have had to pay them back.

Good luck with it and enjoy the fun jumps while you can. With only 3 TIs in the whole country you're probably going to be too busy once you get your rating.

And taking drugs probably makes you feel better -- considering all the politics etc. that goes on at the dz.
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone