NSEMN8R

How many can you do in a row?

I hate doing tandems from 6,000' because - by the time you have sorted out the unstable exit - it is time to open.
I have also found that most students need an exit above 8,500' if they want enough time to wake up in freefall, have time to look around and relax.

I hate doing tandems from 6,000' because - by the time you have sorted out the unstable exit - it is time to open.
I have also found that most students need an exit above 8,500' if they want enough time to wake up in freefall, have time to look around and relax.

Cant agree with you more
"Don't ever knock on deaths door, just ring the bell and run away - it really pisses him off"

I don't think I'd have the balls to do them from 6 with a first time jumper.

I know of one DZ that takes tandems out anywhere from 5500-6000ft, if passengers are over 215lbs, to reduce opening forces on the equipement.
The subterminal opening are like butter. :)
Just be good on your exits and it's a sinch. ;)

Be safe.
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

Just be good on your exits and it's a sinch. ;)

Is that all there is to it? I wish I'd known it was that easy:)
I probably shouldn't admit it, but I can think of a couple jumps in particular that may not have ended so well if I had exited at 5500.

I probably shouldn't admit it, but I can think of a couple jumps in particular that may not have ended so well if I had exited at 5500.

Here's a tip..... if you dont already know...

For a clean, stable, head high, student into the relative wind no matter what body postion they are in exit, try squatting with the student already at a 45 degree angle in the door of the plane, and as you exit, think about leading with your left hip.
Make it a fast agressive move and get all the work done in that instant rather then fighting the wind for stability. ;)

Be safe!
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

13 one day is my record.

One time myself and Elio did 24 (12 each) on a Monday by doing four triple back to backs.

13 is plenty tough, though.

To those who do 15 plus, I can only say that your fatigue may affect you in ways you don't understand. Of couse, if you are landing right next to the loading area, dropping the rig and getting back on the plane it's easier. My record HARD day was doing 11 and walking each rig appx 225 yards back to the packing area, and then walking about 150 yards back to the plane.
Russell M. Webb D 7014
Attorney at Law
713 385 5676
https://www.tdcparole.com

I think the "32 in one day" involved the King Air... not just the C-182. But I'm sure there was still plenty of yelling to make it more of a "normal" day at the fun factory
Hope you're getting to fun jump Ian! It's all fun for me these days.

I did 47 out of a Cessna 150 one day in Leadville Co. It was 120 degrees on the ground. All went to 12,500 AGL, with video. (All stand-up landings) We had to carry 4 O2 bottles (one for everybody) as the air was getting a little thin. Of couse we had to hot fuel all day. Went thru 94 RATO bottles also.
Was I glad when 5 o'clock came and we finally finished.
He who hesitates shall inherit the earth.

Deadwood
Skydive New Mexico Motorcycle Club, Touring Division

I did 47 out of a Cessna 150 one day in Leadville Co. It was 120 degrees on the ground. All went to 12,500 AGL, with video. (All stand-up landings) We had to carry 4 O2 bottles (one for everybody) as the air was getting a little thin. Of couse we had to hot fuel all day. Went thru 94 RATO bottles also.

47 from 12.5 before 5pm? On a hot day in a 150?

I call bullshit...;)

funniest thing i have ever heard. this week anyway.[s;) wonder how many other people realize leadville is 9900' msl to begin with.:P

Growing old is mandatory, Growing up is optional